Add to current position with same condition

2 replies

toddone46

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 76 replies.

Visit profile

9 years ago #113461

I’m trying to develop an EA where it adds to a current position every time the same condition is met. But it will only place the order once and will not add. I’ve tried several workarounds, like making a separate condition with a different magic number, but it doesn’t work. Isn’t there just a simple feature to do this?

I attached a screenshot of what I mean.  This EA is for a custom indicator.  I want to add long every time the green 3 signal is printed.  You can see from the screenshot that only the first 3 orders are placed but then it stops there, even though two more green 3 signals were printed.  I’ve tried cloning the condition in the EA and changing the magic number, etc., but that doesn’t work.  I would just like the EA to add an order every time a green 3 is printed.

Thanks,
Todd

Matusiak Adrian

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 300 replies.

Visit profile

9 years ago #129330

Hello Todd,

As far as I know, there is no possibilty to enter few position at same direction by one robot in SQ3. 

Try duplicate your strategy EA under other name, and change magic number + parameters. But as I think, it will open just two same positions at 1 opportunity…

btn_viewmy_160x33.png

toddone46

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 76 replies.

Visit profile

9 years ago #129332

Yeah that seems to be the case but I would think there is a work around some how. I can get up to 3 positions going, but from there they just duplicate as you said. Also, this is for the EA Wizard not Strategy Quant.

Thanks for the response,
Todd

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)