EURUSD Portfolio #2

31 replies

Matusiak Adrian

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 300 replies.

Visit profile

9 years ago #113464

Hello Dears,

As my previous portfolio of GBPUSD has totally fail, I considered to find new strategies under very other conditions. What do I recivied? I think a good results (so far…).

I have started short incubation test already on Live account at small amount ($150).

Here are first results after 20 days of testing.

After full month of testing:

I have disabled few of strategies due to high losses. I added only strategies that have fully passed WFM.

btn_viewmy_160x33.png

Matusiak Adrian

Visit profile

9 years ago #129703

Looks really good, good gains this week. Keep it on! All M15 TF, right?

Indeed.

Currently I’m making totally new “look” for portfolio so soon new strategies will be added ( @geektrader – they will be mostly on H1 😉 )

btn_viewmy_160x33.png

geektrader

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 522 replies.

Visit profile

9 years ago #129706

Great, keep it going! I will post my results soon as well. I am currently focusing on M30, then M15, then H1, but M15 and M30 seem to produce the most stable and “logic” strategies from my findings – they also have enough trades to be statistical relevant. H1 and up do give better equity curves, but the trades are often so few that it simply has no meaning. I won´t accept any strategy that has below 1000 trades in 15 years so that it has some statistical relevance.

If I may ask: do you also first build all strategies with “selected timeframe only” method?

🚀 Unlock Your Edge in Automated Forex Strategy Development 🚀

Historical Forex Data Starting From 1987, 28 Pairs, M1, 99% Error-Free, Lifetime Free Updates

Matusiak Adrian

Visit profile

9 years ago #129710

If I may ask: do you also first build all strategies with “selected timeframe only” method?

No, I use 1min data method for generate strategies. 

btn_viewmy_160x33.png

Threshold

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 723 replies.

Visit profile

8 years ago #130255

Good results looks good. Diff style than me personally. I go for H1 and D1 and want my strategies to last years (“Trading is not a sprint, its a marathon”).

Never had faith in low TF short data made strategies but its cool to see some work.

Please keep updating this. I would like to see how long it works. I might make one myself on a similar sized micro account as my public portfolio but for private uses and let it trade high risk, high leverage and see what it can do, as an experiment, then take it offline when balance goes parabolic 😀

mikeyc

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 877 replies.

Visit profile

8 years ago #130333

I’m currently working on a portfolio of M5 strategies, based on low volatility sessions (e.g. Asian session for EUR/USD) that are range traders and avoid high impact news events by design.

Will put them on a live account with link in myfxbook soon, adding to the portfolio as I find new strategies.

Head_Geekster

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 8 replies.

Visit profile

8 years ago #130410

I’m currently working on a portfolio of M5 strategies, based on low volatility sessions (e.g. Asian session for EUR/USD) that are range traders and avoid high impact news events by design.

Will put them on a live account with link in myfxbook soon, adding to the portfolio as I find new strategies.

This EA does that really well. $2000 though so it might be worth trying to figure out what he uses for a signal. 

https://www.mql5.com/en/market/product/8238

mikeyc

Visit profile

8 years ago #130417

This EA does that really well. $2000 though so it might be worth trying to figure out what he uses for a signal. 

https://www.mql5.com/en/market/product/8238

https://www.mql5.com/en/signals/100785  

Looks like an expensive Martingale + Grid

5-13-2015_2-03-38_PM.jpg

Head_Geekster

Visit profile

8 years ago #130420

It’s not. Set your time correctly. 

Threshold

Visit profile

8 years ago #130422

Buy it and post the code. Will rebuild in EA Wizard for free. 😀

Threshold

Visit profile

8 years ago #130423

BTW I bet its live performance its not nearly as nice as it seems. With such a high frequency of trades its definitely micro scalping. I wonder how it handles real world slippage.

mikeyc

Visit profile

8 years ago #130431

Buy it and post the code. Will rebuild in EA Wizard for free. 😀

You don’t get the source code when you buy from MetaQuotes, the EA are all encrypted and compiles with a wrapper that includes a limit to activations on PC’s so no chance 🙂

Head_Geekster

Visit profile

8 years ago #130442

It only does one trade per day. Sometimes it adds a second position near the first buy. Recalling from memory, but I believe it buys or sells the 20:00 candle and closes it out before the session begins. It seems pretty stable and the live account seems to do well. He has about 800 subscribers to his signal. 

Matusiak Adrian

Visit profile

8 years ago #130443

Can You open new thread according to Your offtop? 😉

btn_viewmy_160x33.png

Matusiak Adrian

Visit profile

8 years ago #130920

So, portfolio is dead as we can see on results 😉

btn_viewmy_160x33.png

mikeyc

Visit profile

8 years ago #130922

So, portfolio is dead as we can see on results 😉

What happened?

Viewing 15 replies - 16 through 30 (of 31 total)

1 2 3