Time To Build Strategies

9 replies

Trader2098

Subscriber, bbp_participant, community, 11 replies.

Visit profile

9 years ago #113471

It seems like it is taking a very long time after clicking build new strategies – is this normal? How long should it take to build new strategies?

Thank you 🙂

eastpeace

Customer, bbp_participant, community, sq-ultimate, 305 replies.

Visit profile

9 years ago #129346

If your setting is proper, in random mode, about half an hour (cpu:i7,mem:8G) ,you can get something. Just in my experience. 

tnickel

Customer, bbp_participant, community, sq-ultimate, 488 replies.

Visit profile

9 years ago #129348

Hi Trader 2098,

its depends on your settings.

I the SQ are 4 demosettings available.

With this settings strategies are build very fast.

thomas

https://monitortool.jimdofree.com/

Trader2098

Visit profile

9 years ago #129349

Hi Thomas,

Very fast meaning hours or days? I tried a couple of those demo settings and it has been running for hours and still not finished. Maybe I need to refine parameters?

Thank you 🙂

Mark Fric

Administrator, sq-ultimate, 2 replies.

Visit profile

9 years ago #129359

if you mean that it just runs without finish this is by design. Random generation (and also genetic optimization with some settings) can run until you stop it.

You can stop it manually when you have enough promising strategies generated in the databank.

Mark
StrategyQuant architect

Trader2098

Visit profile

9 years ago #129362

great, thanks!

Trader2098

Visit profile

9 years ago #129394

… is there any advantage to letting it run longer? Will it produce more/better strategies or does it start overwriting strategies once it reaches threshold specified in settings?

Thank you 🙂

tnickel

Customer, bbp_participant, community, sq-ultimate, 488 replies.

Visit profile

9 years ago #129397

Hi Trader2098,

-there is a build in fitnessfunktion who say what strategy is good or not. You can change every parameter of this funktion.

-you can set max amount of strategies will be stored in the database (for example 1000)

If the generator find more than 1000 strategies, the strategies will be sort with the fitnessfunktion and the bad strategies will be thrown out.

Most Time I store 5000 Strategies in the database and run the system 1 ore two days.

It depends what you want.

With the demosettings you get strategies faster.

I think after 1-2 hours you will have 100-200 strategies ore more.

You can run the system longer and you will get better strategies. No good strategy will be lost in this case.

thomas

https://monitortool.jimdofree.com/

Matusiak Adrian

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 300 replies.

Visit profile

9 years ago #129403

I use only random generation. 

On my expirience I see that using Genetic is good, but it produce too many almost the same strategies. 

btn_viewmy_160x33.png

geektrader

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 522 replies.

Visit profile

9 years ago #129408

I confirm this, that´s my finding as well. Hence I use random generation + just 2 generations. Population-size is set to 1200 though and Decimation coefficient to 5 to first create a really huge pool of random strategies, then try to put them into evolution in 2 generations – but most often the extra genetic evolution on the first random population does bring nothing worthwhile new indeed. But won´t hurt neither as the strategies from the random initial population still will go to your database if they fulfill your ranking criterias.

🚀 Unlock Your Edge in Automated Forex Strategy Development 🚀

Historical Forex Data Starting From 1987, 28 Pairs, M1, 99% Error-Free, Lifetime Free Updates

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)