Adding in Money Mangement to a generated strategy

2 replies

dafttrader

Subscriber, bbp_participant, community, 3 replies.

Visit profile

9 years ago #113579

Hi All,

So I’ve been playing around with SQ for a few days on the trial basis and can see the possibilities. Now I have just been mucking around really just going through the whole procedure to learn the ropes before I decide whether to fork out the dough for it. However I do have a question that I cannot work out. 

After generating some strategies and cutting out some of the junk I want to inculde some money management rules for the ‘final’ EA on MT4. I don’t generate the intial strategies with Money Management as I want to keep the results fairly clean and comparitive to each other.

However not being able to get my head around mql4 I was wondering if strategy quant is able to do this for me? i.e. add in MM once I have selected a profitable strategy?

I own licences for the SQ EA Wizard and have tried to replicate the strategies in there but it feels like it is doubling the workload and also I cannot replicate the exact same rules and results by doing it that way.

Can anyone shed any light on whether there is an easy way to include Money management in the final EA?

Thanks in Advance.

Dafty

Mark Fric

Administrator, sq-ultimate, 2 replies.

Visit profile

9 years ago #129738

Hello,

you can change money management options directly in StrategyQuant, when you retest the strategy, in Settings -> Money management.

Also, there is an option to choose between three different money management modes in the generated strategy – check the PDF document SQ_MT4_EA_Guide.pdf that is in SQ folder.

Mark
StrategyQuant architect

dafttrader

Subscriber, bbp_participant, community, 3 replies.

Visit profile

9 years ago #129754

Thanks Marc.

I tried that the first time I did it but must have missed something out… I’ll try it again and check out the PDF.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)