Order Price too Close to Market Price

5 replies

sdstrading

Subscriber, bbp_participant, community, 14 replies.

Visit profile

8 years ago #113618

Hi,

I have built an EA however on some occasions i am given a error that my pending order is too close to market price. Is their a work around so that in the event that this happens the EA places a order at market price with the same SL and TP?

thank you.

geektrader

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 522 replies.

Visit profile

8 years ago #129892

There are min stop loss, min take profit and min distance to market settings, just use them and you are fine:) Also, choose a good broker with 0 stop level. Any other broker with a higher stop level is a market maker and generally not good for your trading;)

🚀 Unlock Your Edge in Automated Forex Strategy Development 🚀

Historical Forex Data Starting From 1987, 28 Pairs, M1, 99% Error-Free, Lifetime Free Updates

sdstrading

Visit profile

8 years ago #129913

Hi,

Thank you for your response however I cannot find the min distance to market settings?

I guess I can write something stating that the price needs to be greater or less than 1 pip from current price for the pending order and create another rule for buying at market price.

I’m using tallinex, its states zero distance in mT4 however this is in back testing… maybe its a issue with back testing? Im back testing offline with the spread set at 1 pip.

geektrader

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 522 replies.

Visit profile

8 years ago #129915

Tallinex is a good broker and has 0 pips stop level everywhere. I am sorry though, I posted in the wrong part of the Forum and did actually think you refer to StrategyQuant. My fault, sorry. For EA Wizard I don´t really know how it´s done.

🚀 Unlock Your Edge in Automated Forex Strategy Development 🚀

Historical Forex Data Starting From 1987, 28 Pairs, M1, 99% Error-Free, Lifetime Free Updates

Matusiak Adrian

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 300 replies.

Visit profile

8 years ago #129922

Thank you for your response however I cannot find the min distance to market settings?

Just click “New Trade” and change type of transation from MARKET EXECUTION to STOP or LIMIT order. At lower part of window You will see required minimum distance for stoploss/takeprofit . TP and SL are exual to minimal distance price form market. 

btn_viewmy_160x33.png

sdstrading

Visit profile

8 years ago #129925

Thank you for your posts. I’ve managed a work around.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)