How can I move SQ to another computer with Tick Data included?

4 replies

Rimantas Petrauskas

Subscriber, bbp_participant, community, customer, 10 replies.

Visit profile

8 years ago #113657

Hi,

I am moving SQ to another computer, but because I have tick data prepared for 10 pairs I do not want to repeat that process again on another computer.

I’ve moved SQ with 3 pairs and it works great. However, few weeks later I’ve decided to move other pairs as well, but when I did the SQ does not see them.

How can I do this so that SQ recognize .dat files in the /bin/ folder copied from another computer where I had SQ before.

So basically those .dat files were created by SQ when I’ve imported the data from CSV files, but when I copy those .dat files to the SQ on another computer it does not recognize them.

I’ve simply copied the files when SQ is closed. When it did not work I’ve created symbols and then closed SQ and copied files again – this did not work too.

Thanks for your help and advice.

Regards,

Rimantas Petrauskas

“Stick to one trading strategy until you prove it wrong or keep profiting with it.” - Rimantas Petrauskas

Mark Fric

Administrator, sq-ultimate, 2 replies.

Visit profile

8 years ago #130190

Rimantas,

when you want to move data it is not enough to move just /bin folder. Data definitions are stored in the database, so you have to copy both /db and /bin folders to the new installation.

Then you’ll see the data on your new installation.

Be aware that moving /db will overwrite the settings and data configurations on your target installation, so it is better to have just one SQ installation to which you’l import all the data and then copy this one to the rest of SQ installations.

Mark
StrategyQuant architect

Rimantas Petrauskas

Subscriber, bbp_participant, community, customer, 10 replies.

Visit profile

8 years ago #130197

Rimantas,

when you want to move data it is not enough to move just /bin folder. Data definitions are stored in the database, so you have to copy both /db and /bin folders to the new installation.

Then you’ll see the data on your new installation.

Be aware that moving /db will overwrite the settings and data configurations on your target installation, so it is better to have just one SQ installation to which you’l import all the data and then copy this one to the rest of SQ installations.

Awesome. Thanks for the answer.

This is exactly what I needed.

“Stick to one trading strategy until you prove it wrong or keep profiting with it.” - Rimantas Petrauskas

CookieMonster

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 10 replies.

Visit profile

7 years ago #139487

Hi Mark,

You said “Be aware that moving /db will overwrite the settings and data configurations on your target installation, so it is better to have just one SQ installation to which you’l import all the data and then copy this one to the rest of SQ installations.

Do you mean by copying /db, it also overwrite the settings I use to Build Strategies. Retest Strategies or essentially everything? Can you tell us more? Thank you.

Kind regards

CM

Mark Fric

Administrator, sq-ultimate, 2 replies.

Visit profile

7 years ago #139598

no, it has no effect on strategy generation or test settings.

It will overwrite only data – all the imported data from the target installation will be lost and the data from the source installation will be available.

Mark
StrategyQuant architect

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)