EA Wizard vs Strategy Quant

3 replies

Head_Geekster

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 8 replies.

Visit profile

8 years ago #113684

HI there, 

Is there a document that shows the difference? Should I start off with EA Wizard and then upgrade? 

Thanks for the help. 

Threshold

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 723 replies.

Visit profile

8 years ago #130316

EA Wizard allows you to create your own EA ideas. Very flexible. Most any EA imaginable can be created with it and they can be exceedingly complex. You will need to test them in MT4. Then analyze them in EA Analyzer (which is a free tool).

SQ has a manual EA builder/editor in it but its not nearly as flexible. Very limited in that aspect and its really designed not for manual EA creation. Its about robotic creation.
SQ has an engine that auto generates strategies, via random generation and via genetic algorithms. It is simultaneously testing them at high speeds against market data that you add to the program. While it does that its filtering out bad strategies via your custom filters. Then it allows you to improve upon them, retest them, robustness test them, and optimize them. The testing interface allows you to analyze strategies indepth with  a lot of tools as well, similar to what EA Analyzer supplies.

So it depends what you want to do.
You have strategies and know the mechanical logic of them that you want to build? EA Wizard.
Do you want to see what kind of strategies and patterns can be found with a powerful generation tool? SQ

I have both and have live EAs running made on each.

Head_Geekster

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 8 replies.

Visit profile

8 years ago #130317

Thanks for the info, that helps a lot. I read some of the manual last night and also downloaded the trial. 

If you build something in the wizard, can you test it SQ? It appears on the surface, that answer is no. 

I was able to build some simple EA’s in SQ following the examples from wizard. Definitely neat software and seems easy enough to learn. 

mikeyc

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 877 replies.

Visit profile

8 years ago #130318

No, if you create it in EA Wizard you can only test it in MetaTrader (backtest or live/demo trading).  You can analyse the test from MT4 in EA Analyser.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)