Off EA when it takes profit

22 replies

JS17

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 73 replies.

Visit profile

8 years ago #113744

Hi, is it possible to turn off an EA once it takes profit or stoploss?

JackGass3

Subscriber, bbp_participant, community, 1 replies.

Visit profile

8 years ago #135213

BritneyDow

Subscriber, bbp_participant, community, 1 replies.

Visit profile

8 years ago #135214

Cheers, Helpful information.

Here is my weblog Play-Doh Case of Colors

ryanbrignac9764

Subscriber, bbp_participant, community, 89 replies.

Visit profile

8 years ago #135216

Stearno,

I just started messing with this and noticed something you said above:

Remember that these rules should be added to every EA you run and the rules only control that one EA.  It is not written to be a manager of a porftolio of EAs

So now I assume this rule on every EA would not shut all EA’s down once total portfolio value got above $100?? How would I be able to shut all EA’s down once it gets above a certain profit level?

stearno

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 379 replies.

Visit profile

8 years ago #135217

The easiest thing would be to put the code in each EA and so then they only manage their self (and I sugguest to add that they close all open trades too). But I assume you might have EA’s that you did jot make in EA wizard so you cannot do that.

Second option is to use something like the below ND let that mannge your eas: https://www.ea-coder.com/equity-sentry-free-mt4-ea/

There might be a way to do it in EA wizard but I cannot think of how to get EA wizard EA to keep the other EA’s from entering a trade. It can close them easily but keeping no new orders from opening and then allowing again next day, that I don’t know right now. But I think the sentry will do it for you.

-Stearno

Sent from my HUAWEI MT7-TL10 using Tapatalk

ryanbrignac9764

Subscriber, bbp_participant, community, 89 replies.

Visit profile

8 years ago #135228

Well I guess when using only the EA’s created in EA Wizard I can stop them by the instructions you laid out above.. I will look into this ea-coder.. Have a good one until next time.

Rocksolidfx

Subscriber, bbp_participant, community, 39 replies.

Visit profile

7 years ago #139043

Hey Guys, 1st i would like to thank you for getting me started with Turn of the ea once it reaches a certain equity level. 

I manged to get it to work and thought everything was fine untill I  but ran into a few issues as you do, wondering if you can help.

1stly i tried it on live price and what happens is if you do not put in the correct account equity amount then the ea will close all trades.

2nd if you change time frames the Ea will close all trades 

3rd if the equity of the account changes for any reason or you insert the wrong equity amount on any of the charts the ea is attached too  the ea will close all trades 

it works great on the back testing, exactly what i needed but on live price it is very very fussy about the conditions. 

also I have not managed  to get the time function to work.

Really all I would like it just a simple adjustment so the ea does not close all open trades on the account. and allows for a little more flexablity.

Maybe this code adjusted  or script or another more robust code any suggestion please 

“Close all trades once account equity reaches an x amount” 

Thank you if you can help

tomas262

Administrator, sq-ultimate, 2 replies.

Visit profile

7 years ago #139051

Hello,

I looked into your project. Was wondering why you used a condition with Magic number 1005. I see no existing order in your conditions for this magic number

I am not sure how exactly your system is supposed to work but I can help you to create conditions you need if you describe. How would you like to adjust your position?

Viewing 7 replies - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)

1 2