Candle Length

11 replies

MasterSye

Subscriber, bbp_participant, community, 80 replies.

Visit profile

8 years ago #113914

Hi, I would like to include candle length in my EA. I prefer that my entries are based on at least 5-pip length of the candle. Can anyone tell me which function in the EA wizard should I use? I would also need an example of it. Thanks in advance.

tomas262

Administrator, sq-ultimate, 2 replies.

Visit profile

8 years ago #131200

Hi,

you can simply subtract high of a bar minus low of a bar or alternatively close minus open if it exceeds some value. See attached example where strategy buys if Close > Open and bar size from open to close is not bigger than 20 pips.

MasterSye

Visit profile

8 years ago #131203

I did the wrong command last time. Now I know. Thank you so much! I have one more question, can you provide me an example command for indicator angle?

tomas262

Visit profile

8 years ago #131215

Hi,

angle indication can be setup like this (see attached file)

Be aware that its usability very much depends on correct setting of the Coefficient parameter!
The indicator angle that you see on the screen depends on the scale of the chart and timeframe, it is not possible to recognize this all by EA.
The good Coefficient value for all price indicators like EMA, Bollinger Bands, etc. is 0.00005 (0.005 for JPY-based pairs).
For indicators like CCI, the best value of Coefficient is around 25-50.

File: Angle.sqw

MasterSye

Visit profile

8 years ago #131231

Thanks a lot Tomas! Your sample will help me a lot. I’m finally done with my EA for Binary Options  🙂

ryanbrignac9764

Subscriber, bbp_participant, community, 89 replies.

Visit profile

8 years ago #134416

I have loaded your Angle.sqw file onto my platform but it does nothing. Could you please let me know what I am not doing in order to see something?

I am new to angle’s and just trying to figure it out. Thanks in advance.

tomas262

Visit profile

8 years ago #134420

Hello Ryan, I will check it to be sure and let you know

tomas262

Visit profile

8 years ago #134493

I have loaded your Angle.sqw file onto my platform but it does nothing. Could you please let me know what I am not doing in order to see something?

open attached file in EA Wizard and use ‘get code’ for signal indicator and save it into your MetaTrader / Indicators folder

Threshold

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 723 replies.

Visit profile

8 years ago #134541

its an indicator, not an EA, make sure u save it to the right folder and open from the right folder in MT4.

Hi,

angle indication can be setup like this (see attached file…

See *angle INDICATION*

Hope helps…

ryanbrignac9764

Visit profile

8 years ago #134571

Sorry for such a late response. Just getting back into town.

The problem lied with my MT4 Platform. It has been giving me multiple problems and when i un-installed it and re-installed it, the problem was fixed. Thanks

1 quick question though.

When working in EA Wizard, when we are creating Trading Rules with multiple tabs, does it run through the tabs 1, 2 then 3 and so on?

I ask because i have 2 separate EA’s where 1 EA doesn’t trade that much but almost has a 100% success rate and my other EA trades a good bit but with not as a good success rate. Would i be able to just create 1 EA where the 1st tab rules are with my slower EA then the 2nd tab rules has my other EA that trades more often? I ask because if the trade 1st signals the EA rules with the 100% success rate i would rather it take that trade first but if it doesn’t i would like it to then just take 2nd EA rules.. I think i am answering my own question but i was just wondering if the coding read the tabs in order as you create them?

tomas262

Visit profile

8 years ago #134597

Ryan, tabs are exported into EA code in the same order they are in Wizard so they are then evaluated in the same order in MetaTrader

ryanbrignac9764

Visit profile

8 years ago #134603

I assumed that was correct, just double checking. Thanks

Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)