Can I program my strategy with this software?

25 replies

jaukb

Subscriber, 42 replies.

Visit profile

8 years ago #113971

Hello, I am wondering if I could program my strategy with this software or is it too complex?

The only indicator used in my strategy is a 50 period HOURLY simple moving average. I look at the 4 hours before the London open. If price closes under the 50 SMA the last bar before London opens I only take shorts, and if price closes above the 50 SMA the last bar before London opens I only take longs. Once London opens I will go long or short when price breaks the top or bottom of the pre-opening 4 hour range by 1 pip. For my stop I take the total of the 4 hour pre-opening range and divide that by 2. I take I dynamic trailing stop of whatever that number is. I let these trades ride until they are stopped out, unless it’s a Friday then I will close the trade 15 minutes before the market closes if I’m still in the trade. No more than 1 trade per day for each pair. If the pre opening range is 100 pips or larger I do not make a trade that day.

jaukb

Subscriber, 42 replies.

Visit profile

8 years ago #131915

Hey Tomas. I made the changes. I ran a visual test and for some reason it never triggered any positions. I am running it on my demo account now and i’ll see if it triggers any positions today.

jaukb

Subscriber, 42 replies.

Visit profile

8 years ago #131926

Hey Tomas no positions were triggered this morning. I must have messed something up.

tomas262

Administrator, sq-ultimate, 2 replies.

Visit profile

8 years ago #131941

Ok, can you upload your updated Wizard file?

jaukb

Subscriber, 42 replies.

Visit profile

8 years ago #131950

Tomas-Thanks for the response the other day, is that a strong possibility that it can be done or more of a maybe? and do you have any links in your support help documents that I can read up on that reference calculating vales from horozontal lines drawn in this case pivot levels and using those values as conditions.

jaukb

Subscriber, 42 replies.

Visit profile

8 years ago #131952

You’ll have to give me some instructions on how to do that.

jaukb

Subscriber, 42 replies.

Visit profile

8 years ago #131956

I actually deleted the EA after I made the changes and it wasn’t working. All I can do now is go back and download the original copy on this thread.

jaukb

Subscriber, 42 replies.

Visit profile

8 years ago #132030

Does anyone know if there is an EA Wizard free trial option

tomas262

Administrator, sq-ultimate, 2 replies.

Visit profile

8 years ago #132061

When you get trial for StrategyQuant it can be also used for EA Wizard but only on the same computer

I attached an example in EA Wizard on how to calculate Pivot Price for today’s session. It is calculated like (Prev Day High + Prev Day Low + Prev Day Close) / 3 and stored into variable for later usage

jaukb

Subscriber, 42 replies.

Visit profile

8 years ago #132079

Hey Tomas it seems I got my EA working, but it won’t work in visual backtests and i still need to enable shorts. Should i get the trial version of EA wizard and try to enable shorts that way? Thanks

Dan

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 31 replies.

Visit profile

8 years ago #132108

Thank you Tomas I’ll be working on incorporating that part into the strategy once I figure out what I sent to you in private

Viewing 10 replies - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)

1 2