New TICKDATA Producing Mega Loss Results

22 replies

DiggerOfTruth

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 65 replies.

Visit profile

8 years ago #114001

I just got the new EURUSD data from the TickDataDownloader and put it on SQ for retesting strategies. I created a new name for this data, however all the results using this data produce mega losses!

What’s up with that? (The EURUSD data that comes with SQ seems fine.)

clonex / Ivan Hudec

Customer, bbp_participant, community, sq-ultimate, contributor, author, editor, 271 replies.

Visit profile

8 years ago #133938

You have to be 1000% sure that your data are correct. Gmt offset on 4h is crucial. Paste here everything you have. Screenshots etc

Odoslané z SM-G900F pomocou Tapatalku

DiggerOfTruth

Visit profile

8 years ago #133957

I don’t know how to modify GMT offset or what it should be set at if I could find out how to set it.

(Some trade history of tests show only losses. Others show only maximum lots. Nothing individually peculiar.)

I have attached the screenshot of my Data Manager now.

clonex / Ivan Hudec

Customer, bbp_participant, community, sq-ultimate, contributor, author, editor, 271 replies.

Visit profile

8 years ago #133962

You can do this in SQ tick data downloader, where you find this option .

btw: no attachment fromyou…

File: gmt.JPGgmt.JPG

DiggerOfTruth

Visit profile

8 years ago #133971

OK, but the results also come from the data that comes with SQ, not from TDD separately, so that can’t be the problem across the board.

Another Question:  When SQ produces excellent results why do the backtests on MT4 not even come close to them? DD on SQ might be under 1% and MT backtest will stop out at DD 70%! I can’t fathom what is going on.

clonex / Ivan Hudec

Visit profile

8 years ago #133972

Post here everything you have. Str. File, schreenshots etc please. And data setup too.

clonex / Ivan Hudec

Visit profile

8 years ago #133973

OK, but the results also come from the data that comes with SQ, not from TDD separately, so that can’t be the problem across the board.

Another Question: When SQ produces excellent results why do the backtests on MT4 not even come close to them? DD on SQ might be under 1% and MT backtest will stop out at DD 70%! I can’t fathom what is going on.

In case of mt4. Do different results all your strategies?

DiggerOfTruth

Visit profile

8 years ago #133975

In case of mt4. Do different results all your strategies?

Yes, so far all profitable SQ strategies produce “insignificant” MT4 BACKTEST results (due to going over 70% DD.)

Viewing 7 replies - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)

1 2