How to Trailing step ?

5 replies

felipebr

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 18 replies.

Visit profile

8 years ago #114014

Hi people, I tryed to use trailing stop with steps from 5 to 5 pips but I could not do it automatically in EA Wizard, there is anyway to do it ?

How to do ?

Thank you

Regards

tomas262

Administrator, sq-ultimate, 2 replies.

Visit profile

8 years ago #131760

I am not sure I understand. Can you provide a simple trade example or Wizard file you tried to make?

felipebr

Visit profile

8 years ago #131763

Hi Tomas, I would like for example: each time the price move +5 pips in profit, move the stop loss.
So if price move +5 pips, SL move to 0, if the price move more + 5 pips, move SL to 5. It’s trailling step, move the stop each x pips. Got it?

Enviado de meu XT920 usando Tapatalk

tomas262

Visit profile

8 years ago #131779

Hello Felipe,

I created long only trading strategy (example) that moves SL to B/E when 5 ticks open profit is reached and then for each 5 ticks of additional open profit it moves SL another 5 ticks higher. New SL price is always set to ASK – 5 ticks and SL move is triggered when ASK price exceeds next “triggering” price.

Check the EA Wizard file attached. Parameters can be modified.

felipebr

Visit profile

8 years ago #131851

Hi Tomas, thank you for your example but this trailing is not reliable as I would like… sometimes it change 5 pips, sometimes more than 5 pips for example… I tryed few other ways to do it with EA Wizard but I couldn’t figure out yet.

What I would like is exactly this:

https://www.cashbackforex.com/en-us/school/tabid/426/ID/435771/trailingStop-with-profit-threshold

But I really would like to know if I could do it automatically by EA Wizard.

Thank you

Regards

tomas262

Visit profile

8 years ago #131858

I replaced “Ask” price with “Close[0]” which is the last price when using tick data. So it’s now precise or at least seems to be in MetaTrader while replay-testing…

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)