Usdcad, audusd, usdjpy, nzdusd

20 replies

clonex / Ivan Hudec

Customer, bbp_participant, community, sq-ultimate, contributor, author, editor, 271 replies.

Visit profile

8 years ago #114030

Gentlemans. Does anybody found robust strategies on 30min tf with ducas copy data? I have with theese pairs problems from beginning. If yes could you provide few details related to builder settings and analysis filters? Thanks in advance.

gentmat

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 234 replies.

Visit profile

8 years ago #133061

True mike i understand what you mean , thats why i related the speed and symbols : I ll explain 

to see the long term trend on a 15 min chart or on a 5 or on a 30 mins you need around a 200 ma , 500 ma , 10 and 50 lets say 

So you must put on sq3.8 version that indicator limit is 200 + 

now every indicator has the range of 500 candles backward , The speed computation in that matter will take around 2second on normal computers for every strategy 

Now bare with me sq4 benefits 

Max limit of indicators 21 

On d1 21 candles and on 15 mins the max indicator limit will be 21 candles . The average speed of a strategy will be around 0.02 to 0.05 secs

now that u have won almost 90% speed , And GA is all about randomise and speed 😉 

This is how its done , although you can be lucky and get a strategy by the speed of 2second and the person on 0.02 doesnt get anything but thats luck . By math the guy with speed will have the overall benefits and advantage to find a strategy and not the sq3 .

RJL

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 67 replies.

Visit profile

8 years ago #133500

Wow…this one turned in to an interesting discussion!!  ^_^

I’m exhausted after reading it all, but some great points and lessons from all though. None more so than staying focused on continuing to generate more and more profitable strategies – whatever the pair or time frame, and regardless of each others theories and trading philosophies. (Only our own matter to ourselves and how we choose to trade after all…)

Anyway, I’m also struggling to find strategies on USDJPY. Running a build now and it’s slow going… I haven’t tried USDCAD yet.

I have had some success on AUDUSD and NZDUSD, however. Especially AUDUSD. All 1D charts. Nothing on the smaller time frames yet.

There’s nothing special about how I set up my build for these two pairs…I do the same for everything. I set it, let them run for a couple of days and thankfully I found a handful of good strategies on each. 

Back to the main discussion though..as it begs the question, how much time does everyone give to run the build stage of the process? 1 day, 2 days, a week? Maybe some of you experienced guys even have a build that has been processing for months that still isn’t complete??  (or perhaps not if it’s a resource issue…)

But surely if you let SQ run long enough, it’s just a matter of time before you come across a good strategy?

stearno

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 379 replies.

Visit profile

8 years ago #133530

I think it is better to reference number of strategies created because different computer speeds will varying numbers in 1 day, 1 week, etc.

I heard someone say it took them 14 million strategies to find one that fit their criteria.

Sent from my HUAWEI MT7-TL10 using Tapatalk

Mark

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 7 replies.

Visit profile

8 years ago #133591

I’ve found 8 robust strategies in about 1 year using 4 machines (24-core, 128 GB ram).

clonex / Ivan Hudec

Customer, bbp_participant, community, sq-ultimate, contributor, author, editor, 271 replies.

Visit profile

8 years ago #133596

On theese pairs? What do you mean under “robust strategies”?

Odoslané z SM-G900F pomocou Tapatalku

Viewing 5 replies - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)

1 2