Which Renko BarType to use?

1 replies

ZackFXTrader

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 2 replies.

Visit profile

8 years ago #114197

Hi guys,

Everything is running great for me with the exception of the Renko.

I would like to get a copy of SQ running on some renko data, so I’m trying to get the data ready.

I’ve managed to do everything and create the data and get SQ running on it, and also have TickDataSuite and have the FXT and HST files and everything.

I’m just wondering, when I create the Renko data using AZ-INVEST script, do I use barType 1 or 2? This is the definition of both:

XlCCZnX.png

OfV0IUR.png

Thanks guys =)

PS. My first try was with barType 2, and I can confirm that even though my FXT/HST data, and SQ data was created on barType 2, my MT4 backtest is no where near the same as the SQ test.

ZackFXTrader

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 2 replies.

Visit profile

8 years ago #132644

I use bar type 1.

Great thanks mate. And have you found that the SQ results are the same/similar to MT4 results? I have to say mine are vastly different and I’m now using bar type 1.

And just with renkos – I’m starting to think that LIMIT or STOP orders aren’t really the way to go, every one of the strategies that are passing my rules are LIMIT or STOP orders and some are with “Expiry 1 bar” so with Renko it will cancel the order as soon as the new bar is created so price will never get there except for in circumstances like the CHF earlier this year or big gaps during news.

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)