Problem with RENKO from AZ-INVEST, i get no answer from them 2 weeks please help me solve those things…!

10 replies

Karish

Customer, bbp_participant, community, sq-ultimate, 444 replies.

Visit profile

8 years ago #114222

Hello, as i dont get any answer from AZ-INVEST support, i considered to ask those questions here maybe someone that use Renko from AZ-INVEST with SQ could help… thank you for your time!

when testing EAs which generated via StrategyQuant, do i need to add these lines inside it or it would do it automatically? cause i dont see any of these lines in there when i generated some EAs for renko via StrategyQuant…

#include <CustomChartingBacktest.mqh>  

if (skipFirstTickOnBacktest) () return;

i got a problem any strategy that i generate via StrategyQuant and them im saving it as an MQL4 file backtesting it with 99.90% on the same data as the strategy was generated on i get good results in StrategyQuant but very bad results in MT4 backtester,

i launch the MT4 thru TickStory lite to bypass the 4GB limit, everything is fine, i dont know the reason why it show such different results……, maybe because i converted the data using BarType=0???…, what should i do please help!!! im stuck!

Karish

Visit profile

8 years ago #132809

notch, thanks for the replay, i did saw that article before, and i did added those 2 code lines where it says it should be at, and still not getting the right equity curve as in the SQ test…

any idea maybe?…, i have converted the same data with barType=0,1,2 tested on all of those 3 files with those 2 code lines added and still i get nothing like the result in SQ… wth…

Karish

Visit profile

8 years ago #132817

somebody?, Mark maybe?, here is a converstion with Artur from AZ-INVEST: http://azinvest.freshdesk.com/support/tickets/1249

please help out if you have experience with AZ-INVEST’s products,

any strategy that i preduce with SQ i test on the same history on MT4 with birts patch to load the renko tick data, the results are not even nearly the same!, that happens with any strategy i generate………. please help me guys!

Mark Fric

Administrator, sq-ultimate, 2 replies.

Visit profile

8 years ago #132844

Karish, could you post here (or send me by email) one such strategy in SQ format (.str file) and the MetaTrader HTML report of the same strategy backtested in MT4?

I’ll look at what the problem could be.

Mark
StrategyQuant architect

Karish

Visit profile

8 years ago #132973

i noticed that was my MT4 problem after all…, im now generating only with barType=1 all good exept i noticed something very strange in the Spread,

when i used the Renko CSV2FXT to export the FXT & StrategyQuant CSV file, i used Spread=2.5

am i right?, should it be in PIPs? or Points?,

so when i exported the history and i have generated some strategies, i noticed that i have a problem with the spread, i am using the backtester of a 5 DIGITS broker so when im backtesting at MT4 im setting the SPREAD at the bottom right to 20 points and what i get with StrategyQuant is different from what i get with MT4…..

might be a spread problem because when i change the MT4’s spread from 20 to 2, it works exectly like in SQ.

so that is the problem and not the barType/stops/limits, sorry about that my bad.

please help,!

Karish

Visit profile

8 years ago #132975

The question is when i use the CSV2FXT renko script should i set the Spread there to 2.5PIPs or 25.0Points???, or should i leave it empty and then set the spread i want in StrategyQuant inside the Data tab before generating the strategies?…

Thank you waiting for an answer ASAP pleaseee..!

nix

Subscriber, bbp_participant, community, 1 replies.

Visit profile

8 years ago #132976

Spread should generally be defined in pips, if you are using the CSV2FXT script. Here is the original info from Birt’s site, which should answer all your spread related questions:

• Spread ‘“ the fixed spread of your resulting FXT file, expressed in pips (2.3 will result in a 2.3 pips spread). Leaving it set to the default of 0.0 will make the converter use the current spread of your broker. Please pay attention to the fact that many brokers are widening their spreads during the weekends.
    If you intend to use real spread (the variable spread in your CSV), you can leave this parameter set to 0.0.
    Note: starting from MT4 builds 8xx, the Spread field in the MT4 backtesting pane overrides the spread configured for the FXT unless the FXT is using real spread.

If you look at the note above, the latest builds of MT4 will override your settings so you’ll need to check that you have the correct value in your MT4 backtester before you run the test.

BTW: Please use our support desk to report problems and ask questions and not our e-mail address, because a lot of e-mails get lost in the spam box. Going via helpdesk will ensure prompt replies.

Karish

Visit profile

8 years ago #132981

sent you a message over at the helpdesk

Karish

Visit profile

8 years ago #132984

Here are some Screenshots of a Renko strategy i generated, (CSV2FXT settings used: 10pip renko, barType=1, Spread=2.5)

same data same settings same lot and everything, plus i add the 2 lines #include  … if (skipFirstTickOnBacktest) () return;” to the EA and started MT4 thru TickStory.

*NOTE i have not completed the backtest in MT4 because it takes too much time, but you can see the results are VERY different.

please note also that the order type is Limit, and i noticed that i have a problem with generated strategies with Limit/Stop order types, they show very different results between SQ and MT4, even if i set the Spread before the backtest in MT4 to 0.0 it shows very different results.

my question is what can i do to make it work like SQ? what do i have to do/change?

and maybe its because i setted the “Min distance of order from price” to 3 when i generate strategies in SQ but my broker’s is 0, maybe this is the problem?

please help……, thank you….!

1.png?AWSAccessKeyId=AKIAJ2JSYZ7O3I4JO6D

11.png?AWSAccessKeyId=AKIAJ2JSYZ7O3I4JO6

2.png?AWSAccessKeyId=AKIAJ2JSYZ7O3I4JO6D

22.png?AWSAccessKeyId=AKIAJ2JSYZ7O3I4JO6

3.png?AWSAccessKeyId=AKIAJ2JSYZ7O3I4JO6D

33.png?AWSAccessKeyId=AKIAJ2JSYZ7O3I4JO6

333.png?AWSAccessKeyId=AKIAJ2JSYZ7O3I4JO

Karish

Visit profile

8 years ago #132985

as you can see i tested with both 25.0 & 2.5 afterwords and i get very different results, as you can see the 2.5 worked fine BUT still very different, the SQ says it is 97% winning %, plus if you see the orders list you see that it almost have no losing orders, but the MT4’s backtest shows that it is not even near that equity curve and winning % like SQ shows..

Karish

Visit profile

8 years ago #132993

for some reason the screenshots are not showing at the thread, please the following link at the end there are the photos, starting from 1,11,2,22,3,33,333,

thank you please respond asapppp…..!

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)