Raspberry pi cluster. work with StrategyQuant?

3 replies

mauro

Subscriber, bbp_participant, community, 2 replies.

Visit profile

8 years ago #114246

Hello,

Is possible run StrategyQuant in a cluster of Raspberry pi. ex: 20 Raspberry Pi, is around 20 GHz cpu speed. and 20GB RAM.

Is possible run StrategyQuant in linux, with Wine. so, I think is possible.

some one tried this?

Mark Fric

Administrator, sq-ultimate, 2 replies.

Visit profile

8 years ago #132952

I have no experience with Wine, I don’t see why it shouldn’t run on Wine.

But I haven’t tested it and I don’t remember anyone telling me he successfully tested it.

As for Raspberry Pi, I have no experience with it either, but it is an interesting suggestion. 

I didn’t want to disclose it yet, but we are working on adding full grid-computing support to the new SQ 4 – this is one of the reasons why the development takes so long.

We’ll test this grid also on Raspberry Pi nodes. The question with Raspberry Pi cluster is how it will work with small memory of Raspberry Pi modules.

The new SQ 4 should be able to run also on Linux.

Mark
StrategyQuant architect

mikeyc

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 877 replies.

Visit profile

8 years ago #132956

From what I’ve read, a high end i7 will outperform a Pi cluster $ for $. 

Mark Fric

Administrator, sq-ultimate, 2 replies.

Visit profile

8 years ago #133206

yes, it is a question whether cluster of Raspberry Pi will have enough power, in any case as I said we are adding grid computing support to the new version, so you’ll be able to run it on a cluster of computers – either your own or for example EC2 instances from Amazon.

I’ll write more about this in a newsletter shortly. We are very close to finish this functionality, and we’ll preview and test it in the new update of QuantAnalyzer’s Portfolio Builder.

Mark
StrategyQuant architect

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)