Running an EA Over Renko Chart ?

8 replies

Tarwada

Subscriber, bbp_participant, community, course_strategyquant-x-course, 92 replies.

Visit profile

8 years ago #114266

hello everyone ! 😀

ok , yesterday i created a simple EA (if 2 candles close above X MA then bla bla bla)

anyway , the EA is not working on Renko Charts

anyone has ideas ?

NOTE : when i create an indicator , it works and show the signals , but for EAs , it never works

Tarwada

Subscriber, bbp_participant, community, course_strategyquant-x-course, 92 replies.

Visit profile

8 years ago #133047

good morning , anyone please ?

Tarwada

Visit profile

8 years ago #133064

please guys that’s important for me  🙁

tomas262

Administrator, sq-ultimate, 2 replies.

Visit profile

8 years ago #133068

Since renko chart are not natively supported by MetaTrader there can be problems running EAs on this type of chart. Do you mean backtest on renko or live/sim trading? What solution do you use to get renko chart working?

Tarwada

Visit profile

8 years ago #133069

Since renko chart are not natively supported by MetaTrader there can be problems running EAs on this type of chart. Do you mean backtest on renko or live/sim trading? What solution do you use to get renko chart working?

i use this EA to make Renko works Live on charts

https://www.mql5.com/en/code/11739?utm_campaign=MetaTrader+4+Terminal&utm_medium=special&utm_source=mt4terminal+codebase

after attaching , go to “open offline” , Active your chart , thats it

any solutions so far  🙁

WWH4fLd.png

Tarwada

Visit profile

8 years ago #133073

come on guys , im so excited to try my EA on a live account  🙁  🙁

stearno

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 379 replies.

Visit profile

8 years ago #133168

Basically it should work the same. Since it does not, I would Google it because it is a problem with all EA’s. I remember reading one guy found the problem to be because he was using ticks to trigger things but with Renko there are not ticks (or something like thst), so it would not trigger his rules. So with that, maybe change “isbaropen” to true or if it is already true, remove it. Play around with this and see if it works. But I can only suggest to Google and search forums. I think I found help on forex factory back when I was messing with Renko.

Sent from my HUAWEI MT7-TL10 using Tapatalk

Tarwada

Visit profile

8 years ago #133172

Basically it should work the same. Since it does not, I would Google it because it is a problem with all EA’s. I remember reading one guy found the problem to be because he was using ticks to trigger things but with Renko there are not ticks (or something like thst), so it would not trigger his rules. So with that, maybe change “isbaropen” to true or if it is already true, remove it. Play around with this and see if it works. But I can only suggest to Google and search forums. I think I found help on forex factory back when I was messing with Renko.

Sent from my HUAWEI MT7-TL10 using Tapatalk

Ok I’ll search about this too , if anyone found something that would help please post it here

Hunter Marlowe

Subscriber, bbp_participant, 1 replies.

Visit profile

3 months ago #285012

Use OnTimer in place of OnTick.

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)