Turtle Trading – Help

4 replies

nolube

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 115 replies.

Visit profile

8 years ago #114304

Hey guys need some help here, just wanting to write the old turtle trading method into an EA. I’m having trouble getting the SL’s to adjust to where they should be. The strategy takes 4 orders long at 1/2 ATR apart and then as each order is actioned the SL should ratchet up to the most recent buy order’s SL. What I have done is assign a variable each time the additional 3 orders is actioned and then made a ‘move SL to’ rule to adjust the SL upwards of each additional order.

Please help, I know it will be a small problem that I’m overlooking because it always is, and this time it’s doing my head in!

tomas262

Administrator, sq-ultimate, 2 replies.

Visit profile

8 years ago #133343

Hi, will look at that and let you know

tomas262

Administrator, sq-ultimate, 2 replies.

Visit profile

8 years ago #133348

In your “moving SL” conditions you request to move stop-los orders for entries that have SL definition missing.

For example “System 1 LONG Entry (2)” enters market long but does not have SL defined. Then you use “Move Stop order 2” to move that non-existing stop-loss.

Can you check that?

I am also not sure about exact system rules so it would be good if you somehow summarize them so I can be sure how to tweak your strategy

nolube

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 115 replies.

Visit profile

8 years ago #133369

Thanks Tomas, you are right! I need to start with a stop loss before I can ‘move’ it….

The rules of the Turtle system are here for anybody interested http://www.benvanvliet.net/Downloads/turtlerules.pdf I won’t bother posting a summary because I’m still working through it myself, I will test along the way and can post the end strategy here when I’m finished if anybody is interested. 

degrath

Subscriber, bbp_participant, community, 17 replies.

Visit profile

6 years ago #200958

Yes that would be great thanks.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)