Ways to get zigzag peaks

2 replies

loonet

Subscriber, bbp_participant, community, customer, sq-ultimate, 15 replies.

Visit profile

8 years ago #114343

Hi everybody,
Did you know if is there any way to get the zigzag custom indicator peaks values ?
ZigZag outputs are discontinuos and it is not possible refer to bar shift to get them.
Also the recent()  function cannot be used to do that.

You could create a function that reads indicator values back in time of X bars and stores them in an array, discarding zero or empty values.
By using array index it will be possible to retrieve the desired value ( in the zigzag case, index 0 = first peak , index 1= second peak etc)
With this function could be possible to manage indators with discontinuos values just like zigzag

seaton

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 161 replies.

Visit profile

8 years ago #133544

unfortunately not that I’m aware of, what I’ve done in the past use the fractal indicator which there is a function in WA wizard for.   I wanted to look at lower lows or higher highs and used this fractals and a couple of variables that compared the fractal value to previous ones.

Stephen 

Threshold

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 723 replies.

Visit profile

8 years ago #133569

In ‘Mean Reversion Trading Systems’ Howard Brandy uses zigzag peaks for entries/exits using Amibroker. Its not a simple signal like all other indicators. Need to reference a previous peak, then based on zigzag optimization, you look to enter after a percentage move away from it. You’ll need to code the zigzag indicator to output previous peaks for reference. Its been done before, and its definitely in that book. Sorry I can’t be much more help. I haven’t done it myself.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)