Bid crosses below a MA

6 replies

Boots

Subscriber, bbp_participant, community, 10 replies.

Visit profile

8 years ago #114469

I am trying to get a few ideas to work and I bought the EA Wizard a week ago and still have not gotten things to work the way I wanted them to.  Getting frustrated.  If I have a rule that says bid crosses below the ma then short at market.  The stop should be 10 pips above the previous fractal until it is 1ATR50 in profit then should move to the ma.  I don’t know why it doesn’t sell at the correct time.  Don’t know what I am missing

tomas262

Administrator, sq-ultimate, 2 replies.

Visit profile

8 years ago #134157

Hi boots, can you attach what you have done so far? Or I can do an example from what you described if you like

Boots

Visit profile

8 years ago #134160

Hi this is on of the things I was trying to do.

tomas262

Visit profile

8 years ago #134183

I checked your strategy and it seems to be working ok. Have you use correct backtesting precision as shown on attached screenshot?

tomas262

Visit profile

8 years ago #134184

Maybe if you want to enter a trade right during MA cross you should modify your condition like this (instead of using “<" use Cross below)

Boots

Visit profile

8 years ago #134240

Hi Tomas

I tried changing to cross above and below.  Checked things and I seem to have a complete lack of understanding of how this all works.  I used stategy tester and just picked the month or nov on the 4 hr chart of gbpjpy.  The first trade was a short that entered at the correct place but the stop is not where I expected then the stop modified times to come closer.  I set the stoploss to a variable called shortstop which is defined as Highest(3)0 which I understood would be the highest high of the last 3 bars.  But that is not where the stop was place it was about 50 pips higher.  I have the trailing stop as the only exit for this stategy and it is set as a variable as well to be the MA line.  This is to be activated after .5*ATR in profit.  The trade was in profit that far and the stop started to move but not to the line.  When it was stopped out that was it.  Then it took a Long trade and the stop was in the correct place (at the Lowest low of the last 3 bars) as soon as I was .5*ATR in profit the stop should move to the MA line it did move but I have know idea why it moved where it did and the stop slowly moved up until it stopped out.  I don’t know how to change the EA to do what I want because I don’t understand why it does what it does. I hope you can help me out with this. 

tomas262

Visit profile

8 years ago #134245

Ok, will test it and let you know

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)