Selected TF precison vs Min data

3 replies

Patrick

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 424 replies.

Visit profile

8 years ago #114503

Hi,

can i ask you,

how is the difference? How exactly the backtest works? It is necessary for me. I have strategy good aat tick and M1 but not good at Selected TF precision.

Thanks to all.

Patrick

tomas262

Administrator, sq-ultimate, 2 replies.

Visit profile

8 years ago #134344

When you select higher timeframe SQ calculates it using M1 data so it can be considered more accurate than the other method. If you have a strategy which includes Stop or Limit orders the ‘Selected TF precision’ testing accuracy might not be sufficient for you and that could be a reason why you get different results.

Patrick

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 424 replies.

Visit profile

8 years ago #134353

When you select higher timeframe SQ calculates it using M1 data so it can be considered more accurate than the other method. If you have a strategy which includes Stop or Limit orders the ‘Selected TF precision’ testing accuracy might not be sufficient for you and that could be a reason why you get different results.

So you think it is not a mistake that strategy works only at tick and M1, because Selected TF precision is not so exact? 

tomas262

Administrator, sq-ultimate, 2 replies.

Visit profile

8 years ago #134365

In general sense yes but I would have to see the strategy to say that testing method causes differences.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)