Same EA, Same Magic Number, Different Pair

5 replies

RJL

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 67 replies.

Visit profile

8 years ago #114507

Some EA’s I use are capable of using the same magic number when added to many different currency pairs in the same instance of MT4.

What do I need to do in order for EA’s generated by EA Wizard to behave the same?

When I try this and I have multiple signals trigger on multiple charts, only one order gets triggered. The rest are ignored.

I want to add the EA to different pairs, but not have to bother with changing the magic number each time…as I said, other EA’s I use behave this way already but I’m not sure what it is that enables this?

Thanks!

tomas262

Administrator, sq-ultimate, 2 replies.

Visit profile

8 years ago #134342

You can use EA on different markets at the same time with the same magic number. It works for me. I have an EA with magic number 1000 (long). When I place it on 4 different charts it trades each independently

RJL

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 67 replies.

Visit profile

8 years ago #134383

Can you try this with an EA that uses multiple entries, and therefore has multiple magic numbers for long and short positions in the same EA.

My EA uses multiple entries and doesn’t behave in the same way as yours. Whatever is quick enough to trigger first gets the trades, and subsequent signals on other pairs just get ignored.

tomas262

Administrator, sq-ultimate, 2 replies.

Visit profile

8 years ago #134511

Hi, you cannot use the same magic for two trades opened simultaneously in the selected currency pair. The can be solved by generating different (can be random) magic numbers for each entry

clonex / Ivan Hudec

Customer, bbp_participant, community, sq-ultimate, contributor, author, editor, 271 replies.

Visit profile

8 years ago #134514

Just set for each strategy unique magic number. For ex:If you have 3 strategies on eurusd use 3 different magic numbers in strategy settings

Odoslané z SM-G900F pomocou Tapatalku

stearno

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 379 replies.

Visit profile

8 years ago #134573

If I might expound on Clonex’s comment. It is easiest to use a variable for the magic number. That way when you load the EA on the chart, you can easily change the magic number to be something different than another chsrts’ EA.

Sent from my HUAWEI MT7-TL10 using Tapatalk

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)