use purchased custom indicator in ex4 format

4 replies

toe78

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 4 replies.

Visit profile

8 years ago #114565

Dear all,

I have bought a custom indicator from the MQL5 market for the Metatrader 4 platform. It is not provided as mq4 file but only as ex4 file. I would like to use it in my EA and I have understood from the user manual that this should be possible.

I have copied the custom indicator file (ex4) into the EA Wizard directory and it is also located in the Metatrader 4 directory (..\indicators\markets). I have defined the custom indicator’s input and output values as described in the manual. The custom indicator shows up and down arrows in the chart and each up/down field includes the price  of the long/short signal.

I then created an EA which should go long/short according to this indicator’s signals. So I entered the condition: IF custom indicator Up field > 0 then go long and vice versa. However, it does not work. There is no error message, it simply does not do anything.

Have I misunderstood something? Can anybody give me a hint?

Thank you very much in advance.

Best regards

Thorsten

tomas262

Administrator, sq-ultimate, 2 replies.

Visit profile

8 years ago #134614

toe78, the better if you send the indicator file to our email [email protected] or also you can use the private section of  forum https://strategyquant.com/forum/forum/22-private-support/if you don’t want to share your tool. I will test it and try to make an example how to use it

toe78

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 4 replies.

Visit profile

8 years ago #134687

Thanks a lot for your answer. I will send the file to you, but there is another doubt I have. The indicator I have talked about is a rented indicator, so it is saved in the “market” directory of Metatrader 4. Is it possible to use rented indicators with EA Wizard?

tomas262

Administrator, sq-ultimate, 2 replies.

Visit profile

8 years ago #134694

as long as you’ve got ex4 (better mq4) file there should not be a problem to use the indicator

daveM

Subscriber, bbp_participant, community, customer, sq-ultimate, 110 replies.

Visit profile

8 years ago #135249

A rented indicator will be precluded from operating on a different computer by Metaquotes coding

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)