Help me please

6 replies

alirazzak

Subscriber, bbp_participant, community, 33 replies.

Visit profile

8 years ago #114599

Im newly using  EA wizard , and have several question : 

1. Please tell me what the exactlty meaning of  Trailingstop and TSActivation in EA wizard 2.01? what the difference?

example 1:  I have position with TP : 10 and SL : 10 and set Trailingstop=1 and TS activation=0. 

example 2:  same TP/SL but Trailingstop=1 and TSActivation=3.

2. I have custom indicator with output 1=UpArrow and output 2=DownArrow

I want make EA with condition  if arrow UP or  if arrow DOWN . But EAwizard still need operator (>,<, =) –> picture

How to use that kind of indicator ?

Thank you

tomas262

Administrator, sq-ultimate, 2 replies.

Visit profile

8 years ago #134692

Hi,

1) default values for TS Activation is 0 which means Trailing SL is activated once there is an open profit for your market position. Now ‘Trailing Stop’ value comes into play. It maintains pre-defined pip distance between Last price and Stop-loss order. If you set TS activation to let’s say 10, then EA waits until there is an open profit of 10 pips and then it activates trailing stop-loss function with pre-defined distance ‘Trailing Stop’

2) can you attach the indicator or send to [email protected] so I can verify it and eventually create an example on how to define trading conditions?

alirazzak

Visit profile

8 years ago #134695

Hi,

Thank you

1. Im still confuse about TSActivation maybe you tell me which one is correct

If I set TSActivation=10 and TrailingStop=6 and then :

a. EA wait until open order profit 10 pips and then trail stoploss to “order open price + 4 pips” –> so the distance is 6 pips.

b. Or EA wait until open order profit 10 pips and then trail stoploss to ” order open price + 6 pips”

Which one is correct?

2. Its just up and down arrow indicator, I want if up arrow then open buy , and then if down arrow then sell.

Here is the indicator

Thanks

tomas262

Visit profile

8 years ago #134700

Once 10 pips open profit is reached, trailing stop is triggered and stop-loss is set to 6 pips and now it trails SL in your favor with each new pip of additional profit.

To catch the arrow signal you can try to use “>” and ‘Other’ -> ‘Number’ -> ‘0’ as shown on the image attached. This should work.

alirazzak

Visit profile

8 years ago #134710

Its works thanks Tomas..

alirazzak

Visit profile

8 years ago #135118

Hi tomas i have more question :
1.what happen actually if Iset ts activation=2 and trail=3 ?
2.what actually happen if I set sl=5 tsactivation=0 and trailingstop=1.
3.if I set SL=5 pips I want EA works like this : if profit 1 pips EA trail stoploss to -4 and then EA profit 2 pips EA trail stoploss to -3 pips etc..
How to make this rule?

Thank You

tomas262

Visit profile

8 years ago #135180

1) tsactivation = 5 just triggers trailing stop-loss function when open profit of 5 pips is reached . It should then move SL to distance defined by trailingstop

2) To me it seems like a conflict since you set SL to 5 pips while you immediately (tsactivation = 0) want to trail SL to -1 pip so SL will be -1 immediately after trade entry

3) Set SL = 5 and Trail SL = 5. This means once there is 1 pip open profit SL will be moved to -4, with OP = 2 pips SL will be moved to -3 etc

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)