Commission Calculation in SQ

3 replies

algo.forextrading

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 22 replies.

Visit profile

8 years ago #114651

Hi,

Wanted to clarify how is the commission calculated in SQ i assume its just fixed?

At the moment if you use a real tick test of $10 commission it is the same as using slippage of 1.

I checked via brokers such as dukascopy and FxOpen, 

Basically if deposit currency is USD, then all paris what start with USD i.e. USD/CAD…. will have fixed commision (1k account 35×2 = $7.00 round turn per lot)

Basically if deposit currency is EUR, then all paris what start with EUR i.e. EUR/CAD…. will have fixed commision (1k account 35×2 = 7.00eur round turn per lot)

and so on.

so for other pairs other than your account currency the commisions are always variable according to base currency value.

I assume SQ just does this fixed??

All the best

Justin

stearno

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 379 replies.

Visit profile

8 years ago #135020

Secondly, fxcm uses a scale on their commissions. When doing a percentage mm, then how can we include accurate commissions as the lot sizes get bigger?

Sent from my HUAWEI MT7-TL10 using Tapatalk

tomas262

Administrator, sq-ultimate, 2 replies.

Visit profile

8 years ago #135267

SQ currently cannot handle volume-tiered pricing for commissions. Costs of trading has to be approximated here but if you have a viable strategy you don’t have to worry about commission that much. I like to see commissions not eating more than 10% of my profits.

stearno

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 379 replies.

Visit profile

8 years ago #135272

Thanks for the rule of thumb. 

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)