Closing Order On PT hit

4 replies

jonnywolf

Subscriber, bbp_participant, community, 25 replies.

Visit profile

11 years ago #110917

I have two pending orders setup, when one is hit and then proceeds to the take profit I want to close the other pending order.

At the moment I have tried OrderPT(magic number)=TargetProfit

But it does'nt seem to be closing the other order.

Any ideas?

Cheers,

James

Mark Fric

Administrator, sq-ultimate, 2 replies.

Visit profile

11 years ago #121008

I have two pending orders setup, when one is hit and then proceeds to the take profit I want to close the other pending order.

you can use this kind of condition:
OrderClosedThisBar(magic number) && Closed P/L(magic number) > 0

this will be triggered when order with given magic number just ended and ended in profit

Mark
StrategyQuant architect

jonnywolf

Subscriber, bbp_participant, community, 25 replies.

Visit profile

11 years ago #121011

Ok fixed

stearno

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 379 replies.

Visit profile

11 years ago #121159

I have a stop order created at a price level.  How do I delete it if conditions are no longer favorable and the stop order was not hit?

Does EA automatically delete itself when the IF conditions are no longer valid or do I have to create a rule to delete this pending stop order?

If I have to delete, how do I do it because I found conditions saying existing pending order, but I could find in the THEN conditions how to close/delete the pending order.  Thanks.

-Stearno

Mark Fric

Administrator, sq-ultimate, 2 replies.

Visit profile

11 years ago #121195

Hello,

every stop/limit order can have expiration (Bars valid property) – you can specify how many bars it should be valid. After that it will be closed automatically.

You can also close any order manually by calling function Close position – this will close both open and pending orders.

regards,

Mark

Mark
StrategyQuant architect

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)