“Exit” (T/P) problem on MT4 with exported strategies

12 replies

Fullcontact

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 8 replies.

Visit profile

8 years ago #114689

I have a problem with the following.
I made and exported some strategy from SQ to MT4 (EA). It seems to be sometimes the orders was opened without T/P and never close the trade.
The opened postitions every time have S/L and it’s working fine.
What could be the reason?

tomas262

Administrator, sq-ultimate, 2 replies.

Visit profile

8 years ago #135348

Hello,

how do you set your T/P price? Maybe sometimes it’s being defined too close to current price and MT reject to place it that close

daveM

Subscriber, bbp_participant, community, customer, sq-ultimate, 110 replies.

Visit profile

8 years ago #135352

Perhaps post the journal from MT4 and also a pic of the close order entry and condition.

Fullcontact

Visit profile

8 years ago #135354

I don’t know what it may the problem, but it’ s general with my settings. All EA on different symbols, including yours (bonus) can do the same thing. For example I attached a pic with one open position at the moment.
The MIN/MAX SL/TP was 60/200.

File: XAU1.jpgXAU1.jpg

Fullcontact

Visit profile

8 years ago #135355

In the meantime, I found something interesting. I attached the log. Is it possible that the “stop difference” causing the problem?

mikeyc

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 877 replies.

Visit profile

8 years ago #135359

Looking at that log, the broker spead is much higher than the spread you used when developing the strategy (a bad idea).  More importantly the minimum stop distance is different, meaning that stops cannot be placed near to current price. 

You should retest and develop those strategies to match the broker settings.

Error opening order: 128 : trade timeout

I’m guessing the broker is not a true ECN but a market maker?

If so, ditch this broker.

DiggerOfTruth

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 65 replies.

Visit profile

8 years ago #135602

I clearly have similar problem. I opened Journal on the XAUUSD tab and copied/saved the output. If this is not right plz instruct me to obtain the right info for your judgment. (The stop out on the last order was MANUAL since the EA was not doing its job & following this profitable trade – double what i finally closed it at.) 

SL/TP are 29/300 currently.

Please assist ASAP.

Also, after I downloaded and installed the update to SQ results went crazy bad. Plz direct me to proper installation instructions for the update. I must have installed it incorrectly thus producing wonky results now. 

Thank you.

tomas262

Visit profile

8 years ago #135628

In the meantime, I found something interesting. I attached the log. Is it possible that the “stop difference” causing the problem?

Log says

2016.02.26 09:32:08.290    XAU_0158w_upgrd_025 XAUUSD,M15: modify #105160724 buy 0.20 XAUUSD at 1219.34 sl: 1214.96 tp: 0.00 ok

It means strategy has T/P not specified by the definition of its rules or there is an incorrect symbol / spread setting you used or there could be a bug in the code generator

Could you upload your STR strategy file?

blott

Subscriber, bbp_participant, community, 2 replies.

Visit profile

8 years ago #135631

HI,

Not sure where to put this query about Mark’s Forexmorningtrade EA, as I can’t find any topics on that, but i wondered if there was an up-dated version of V4.3 at all?

Many thanks,

Mike

DiggerOfTruth

Visit profile

8 years ago #135680

I clearly have similar problem. I opened Journal on the XAUUSD tab and copied/saved the output. If this is not right plz instruct me to obtain the right info for your judgment. (The stop out on the last order was MANUAL since the EA was not doing its job & following this profitable trade – double what i finally closed it at.) 

Please assist ASAP.

Also, after I downloaded and installed the update to SQ results went crazy bad. Plz direct me to proper installation instructions for the update. I must have installed it incorrectly thus producing wonky results now. 

Thank you.

ADMIN:  PLEASE RESPOND ASAP.

tomas262

Visit profile

8 years ago #135689

Please assist ASAP.

Thank you.

ADMIN:  PLEASE RESPOND ASAP.

Hello,

if your EA is made using SQ can you provide it for testing as STR file?

There should not be anything wrong with update. We do not register any issues currently. But if you experience any issues  you can try to do fresh install and fresh update then.

DiggerOfTruth

Visit profile

8 years ago #135695

I have tried to attach the STR file but it said too big to upload. Any other method? (I manually put the SL/TP 29/300 when attaching the EA live.)

Are there specific instruction as to how to install the update to SQ?

thank you

tomas262

Visit profile

8 years ago #135706

I have tried to attach the STR file but it said too big to upload. Any other method? (I manually put the SL/TP 29/300 when attaching the EA live.)

Are there specific instruction as to how to install the update to SQ?

thank you

Yes, you try to send me an email with file attached or use some service like http://www.filedropper.com/and send me a link. Thanks

Viewing 12 replies - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)