Trailing Stop Activation Level

6 replies

ramacan

Subscriber, bbp_participant, community, 72 replies.

Visit profile

11 years ago #110936

Trailing Stop and Stop Loss currently have options to customize the price level. I urgently need this option to complete an EA, how soon can we get this option for Trailing Stop Activation Level?

stearno

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 379 replies.

Visit profile

11 years ago #121140

Can you explain in more detail what you are looking for?  There might be a way to accomplish what you want with the current software, but we need to understand exactly what you are trying to accomplish.

-Stearno

ramacan

Visit profile

11 years ago #121142

I need the Trailing Stop Activation Level to initiate after X % of ATR.

ramacan

Visit profile

11 years ago #121144

Any update if the above is possible?

stearno

Visit profile

11 years ago #121150

Ramacan,

I am not fully understanding what you are asking for, so I cannot give a full answer for you.  

But maybe what you are asking can be helped with this:  

You can leave the trailing stop as 0 on the entry rule’s order that you created.  Create a second rule, which will control your Trailing Stop.  Put the % of ATR conditions in this rule to activate the rule.  Then in Order Management, choose Modify SL and then choose the MagicNumber of the order you want to modify.  Under this rule, it will continually modify the order’s SL as long as the conditions are met each time the bar opens.

An example is:  

The part missing from this example strategy is % of ATR compared to what?  You have to pick something to compare it to. 

Hope this helps get you thinking so you can play around with using this option to trail your stop loss.  

If this is completely off what you are looking for, then please explain in more detail what exactly you are wanting the EA to do and then can better know how to answer you.

-Stearno

ramacan

Visit profile

11 years ago #121155

Hello Stearno,

Thanks, this is exactly what I need…..will try it later. My apologies for not going into depth by including what to compare ATR.

stearno

Visit profile

11 years ago #121156

No worries.  Glad it was help in the end.  🙂

-Stearno

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)