There is a problem in settings – Strategy Options

5 replies

Heilpraktiker

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 46 replies.

Visit profile

8 years ago #114918

If i want to improve a self created strategy, i get the message “the stoploss/profittarget of this strategy is smaller than Minimum allowed SL/PT value! Please decrease minimumSL/PT value.” although the SL is 5*ATR(26) and PT is 8*ATR(26). What shall i do? :unsure:

tomas262

Administrator, sq-ultimate, 2 replies.

Visit profile

8 years ago #136039

Hello,

can you upload saved strategy file?

Heilpraktiker

Visit profile

7 years ago #136063

Hello,

Here it is.

The other strategy 0.11584 has a problem in the WalkForwardMatrix.

Heilpraktiker

Visit profile

7 years ago #136132

Hello,

Another strategy cannot work in the WalkForwardMatrix, i got the Message, that there are not enough previous test bars

Mark Fric

Administrator, sq-ultimate, 2 replies.

Visit profile

7 years ago #136231

Hello,

this looks like an incorrect settings value that is not possible to be edited in Optimizer, but it is possible to fix it. Please first retest the strategy in Retester, and save the strategy again in the file.

Then load this new strategy file to optimizer and it should then work correctly.

Mark
StrategyQuant architect

Heilpraktiker

Visit profile

7 years ago #136671

Hello,

this looks like an incorrect settings value that is not possible to be edited in Optimizer, but it is possible to fix it. Please first retest the strategy in Retester, and save the strategy again in the file.

Then load this new strategy file to optimizer and it should then work correctly.

Thank you, Marc! Now it works and the strategy has much higher net Profit after the retest, than after the simple optimization. Why is this so?

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)