2 questions (trial timing and data format)

2 replies

_Cujo

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 101 replies.

Visit profile

8 years ago #114945

hey, 2 more questions-

1) Trial timing-  when do the 14 days start? I downloaded, and requested a trial license. I am guessing the 14 days start once when I activate the key, not when the key is sent but wanted to confirm that is correct? I don’t want to waste any assessment time, but am not yet able to free up time to utilise the trial.

2) Data – I’ve never really done any back testing (read any). For real time, I use Kinetick (CME and market depth on the package). For historical, I checked out Dukascopy, since that’s what tick down loader seems bundled with, but it doesn’t seem to have index futures like ES, YM, etc. I am probably going to get historical data from Quandl. I’ll buy the cleaner data, the question is not about where to get historical data, more about what format…I guess continuous contract, and in .csv works, or, do I need a different format to load it in Strategy Quant, or..?

Thanks for any guidance…

jaukb

Subscriber, 42 replies.

Visit profile

8 years ago #136125

Hi Cujo,
They will extend your trial for you to adequately examine.
CSV is good as like out of mt4.

_Cujo

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 101 replies.

Visit profile

8 years ago #136160

Got it, thanks. I think I’m going to get my ES data from tickdata. I’ll probably pick up a couple of other symbols to increase robustness on my ES strategies as well. I was looking at Quandl, but I day trade, and even the premium Quandl data looked EOD.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)