Question about program and features / future features

2 replies

robert77

Subscriber, bbp_participant, community, 2 replies.

Visit profile

8 years ago #115023

Hi,
just noticed the program Strategy Quant, seems very interesting.

But instead of just blindly buying it, I wanted to ask if it supports the concept i wanted to build. test and optimize.

I hope I can get a qualified answer here

I wanted to have a sell limit order, as long as price does not break out of a specific price range.
The price range being from the OHLC values +- x pips of the candle when a basic indicator reached a specific value.

For example: Delete the sell limit when price reaches lower than 50 pip below the low of the candle. (The candle being the one where a basic
indicator reached a specifig value)

If you wonder when and at what price the sell limit should be initiated:
Initiation of sell limit order when indicator reached specific value at close price. Put sell limit at open of the candle +- x pips.

Would it be possible to set up these conditions in the program?

Thank you.

tomas262

Administrator, sq-ultimate, 2 replies.

Visit profile

8 years ago #136485

You can set StrategyQuant so that it will build strategies that will try to trade like this. Some rules can be specified using StrategyEditor but for the ability to fully specify your strategy rules you would have to wait for the new version of SQ

If you know your exact rules it can be also handy to complete your strategy in EA Wizard.

robert77

Subscriber, bbp_participant, community, 2 replies.

Visit profile

8 years ago #136488

You can set StrategyQuant so that it will build strategies that will try to trade like this. Some rules can be specified using StrategyEditor but for the ability to fully specify your strategy rules you would have to wait for the new version of SQ

If you know your exact rules it can be also handy to complete your strategy in EA Wizard.

So it is not possible right now? If not, do you know when the “new version of SQ” comes out?

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)