Is it possible that setting different multiple range of ATR in Sq3.8?

7 replies

eastpeace

Customer, bbp_participant, community, sq-ultimate, 305 replies.

Visit profile

7 years ago #115280

We don’t know how long to wait for the SQ4’s release.

I want to set different multiple of ATR for SL and PT. It’s very urgent.

Is it possible that we could get a fixed update before Sq4ï¼Å¸ I fear that SQ4’s development would spend a long time.

mikeyc

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 877 replies.

Visit profile

7 years ago #137952

I can’t see another SQ3 release coming out before SQ4, even though I suspect SQ4 is at least another 6 months months away from being usable… but worth asking.

clonex / Ivan Hudec

Customer, bbp_participant, community, sq-ultimate, contributor, author, editor, 271 replies.

Visit profile

7 years ago #137954

You can optimize ready strategy via optimizer or edit it. But native generating new strategies in SQ3 with different SLPT is not possible

mikeyc

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 877 replies.

Visit profile

7 years ago #137955

I would like to see SQ3 fix the issue of using ATR for SL and TP, and allowing the selection of Limit Risk to Reward ratio to work correctly.

It should randomly pick the ATR period (e.g ATR(50) ), and apply the period 50 to both SL AND TP.  Then the multiplier for the SL and TP should be calculated to give the correct risk to reward ratio.

At the moment, SQ does not do this and it picks two random periods and so the risk to reward setting is ignored.  It’s another serious SQ3 shortcoming I pointed out months and months ago…maybe even years ago now!

tomas262

Administrator, sq-ultimate, 2 replies.

Visit profile

7 years ago #137965

Thanks for your feedback. I will check with Mark for possible fix in the current version

eastpeace

Visit profile

7 years ago #137970

Thanks,tomas262.

And optimization can only improve ONE strategy once. I want to make batch generating. It is more worth to do that.

gentmat

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 234 replies.

Visit profile

7 years ago #138137

fixed Sl Tp based on ATR will make difference for sq3 . I stoped using it because of that ,

as when i make a strategy i put r:r 1:3 or 1:2 

then i ll have smth foolish like : 

tp 3(Atr of 14)

SL 1 ( Atr of 200)

that doesnt make any sense as it should be 

tp 3x atr(14)

Sl  1 x atr(14) 

That makes a true Risk reward .

Before i quit on sq3 i used no sl or to because of that and i use exit by indicator but the lag of indicators made the strategies dangerous ,

It would be great tomas to fix that issue and it doesnt take long to do such small bug fix .

Thank you

eastpeace

Visit profile

7 years ago #138151

fixed Sl Tp based on ATR will make difference for sq3 . I stoped using it because of that ,

as when i make a strategy i put r:r 1:3 or 1:2 

then i ll have smth foolish like : 

tp 3(Atr of 14)

SL 1 ( Atr of 200)

that doesnt make any sense as it should be 

tp 3x atr(14)

Sl  1 x atr(14) 

That makes a true Risk reward .

Before i quit on sq3 i used no sl or to because of that and i use exit by indicator but the lag of indicators made the strategies dangerous ,

It would be great tomas to fix that issue and it doesnt take long to do such small bug fix .

Thank you

I suggest every indicators in building blocks, their parameters  can inherit the global setting, and also have their own  range or fixed value, and their own setting is prior.

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)