Video Tutorial SQ Max Speed & Performance CPU,Ram,Disk & Extra 6k Strategy Quest challenge

92 replies

gentmat

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 234 replies.

Visit profile

7 years ago #115334

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l6oRsTNm0yc

// This is the link of the video , Check it out hopefully you will like it . YES i am arabic and the accent follows
me to death so if you have a problem with it “I am verry Sorry but i have to KILL YOU”

A big credit goes to “GeekTrader” , This Video tutorial is to teach you how to max speed of SQ 3 .
Tweaking CPU,rams and hard drives / SSD ‘s

The original post is like 10 pages + which seems bit complicated for beginners here so i explained it
step by step in this video + added more tweaks of my own (Hope it helps out beginners and even pro users of SQ).

End of the video is a quest for people to contribute more by filtering some good strategies and show us the procedure .. I am sure each pro will choose a different strategy(ies) we got to learn from the contributes.

Links of the video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l6oRsTNm0yc

* Strategies : https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B83k2vKtYK80UWNuWDZsenpQNzQ/view?usp=sharing

* Java Version 9 : http://cdn.azul.com/zulu-pre/bin/zulu…

* The scipt To use for the batch opening of SQ, Create new .bat file and add these line of codes and press
save . Watch the video to learn how to tweak the parameters.

@echo off
set NumberOfSQInstances=10
set MainSQLocation=C:/StrategyQuant
set TempSQLocation=C:/temp
set SQParameters=-J-server -J-Xmx1g -J-XX:+DisableExplicitGC -J-XX:+AggressiveOpts -J-XX:+UseSerialGC 

rmdir “%MainSQLocation%/temp” /S /Q
rmdir “%MainSQLocation%/log” /S /Q
rmdir “%TempSQLocation%/strategyquant-temp” /S /Q
mkdir “%TempSQLocation%/strategyquant-temp”

FOR /L %%A IN (1,1,%NumberOfSQInstances%) DO (
mkdir “%TempSQLocation%/strategyquant-temp/%%A”
)
compact /c /s:”%TempSQLocation%/strategyquant-temp/%%A”
)
c:
xcopy “%MainSQLocation%” “%TempSQLocation%/strategyquant-temp/%%A” /E /Y
CD “%TempSQLocation%/strategyquant-temp/%%A”
start /LOW StrategyQuant64.exe %SQParameters%
)

This is a new Script if you want to rename each instance so you can know each instance job . ( if you do not need this option use the above code )
1- NumberOfSQInstances= “to whatever number of instance you want to run” Lets say “X” instances
2- set arrayline[1]=CrossMaStrategyInstance
set arrayline[2]=RSIStrategyInstance
…. Continue declaring more to fit your X instances
lets say we want 3 instances so i ll add one more
arrayline[3]=anotherNewInstance

The code is :

@echo off
setlocal enabledelayedexpansion

set NumberOfSQInstances=2
set arrayline[1]=CrossMaStrategyInstance
set arrayline[2]=RSIStrategyInstance

set MainSQLocation=C:/StrategyQuant
set TempSQLocation=C:/temp
set SQParameters=-J-server -J-Xmx1g -J-XX:+DisableExplicitGC -J-XX:+AggressiveOpts -J-XX:+UseSerialGC

rmdir “%MainSQLocation%/temp” /S /Q
rmdir “%MainSQLocation%/log” /S /Q
rmdir “%TempSQLocation%/strategyquant-temp” /S /Q
mkdir “%TempSQLocation%/strategyquant-temp”

mkdir “%TempSQLocation%/strategyquant-temp/!arrayline[%%A]!”
)
compact /c /s:”%TempSQLocation%/strategyquant-temp/!arrayline[%%A]!”
)

c:
xcopy “%MainSQLocation%” “%TempSQLocation%/strategyquant-temp/!arrayline[%%A]!” /E /Y
CD “%TempSQLocation%/strategyquant-temp/!arrayline[%%A]!”
rename StrategyQuant64.exe !arrayline[%%A]!.exe
start /LOW !arrayline[%%A]!.exe %SQParameters%

)

stef

Subscriber, bbp_participant, community, 16 replies.

Visit profile

7 years ago #140249

Hi Gentmat,

It looks like it has got more to do with the complexity of the build rules/settings than anything else.

It eventually topped out at 1.6GB per instance – but I was doing robustness tests while building, had a large population size, etc.

I am currently building using the same data file (and timeframe), but with less options selected, and no robustness tests.

The instances are sitting at between 250MB and 500MB memory.

Regards

Stef

gentmat

Visit profile

7 years ago #140251

Hi Gentmat,

It looks like it has got more to do with the complexity of the build rules/settings than anything else.

It eventually topped out at 1.6GB per instance – but I was doing robustness tests while building, had a large population size, etc.
I am currently building using the same data file (and timeframe), but with less options selected, and no robustness tests.
The instances are sitting at between 250MB and 500MB memory.

Regards
Stef

Oh you didnt say that ! Sure robustness test is adding up leaks and no 1% or less of sq users use robust test while generating strategies . Leave this step to the end.
Read zendek ebook (thomas) and follow his procedures step by step (how to find profitable strategies)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jojo

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 50 replies.

Visit profile

7 years ago #140768

Dear Gentmat and other contributors, thank you. I have gone through the post and learned tons! Thank you Arik for referring me to the thread. My education continues.

mabi

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 261 replies.

Visit profile

7 years ago #140782

Found that disableling Hyperthreading increases the efficiency of core usage significatly on my machine anyway.

gentmat

Visit profile

7 years ago #140783

Found that disableling Hyperthreading increases the efficiency of core usage significatly on my machine anyway.

Maybe for SQ it is the case i wouldnt be surprised but im general its a very bad idea to disable it (as core functionality its very important as by disabling it intel is becoming a amd cpu) so its better to have a amd cpu for 100$ rather than intel for 1000.
but we are sq related here so Goof job and woke it works for you well.

ill be doing some test to see how beneficial for sq that is and post results

matka

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 186 replies.

Visit profile

7 years ago #140791

Now, one person performing three tests for different time periods obviously does not make a valid study.  So I would like to ask whether other users are using Random Generation and if so if they are able to generate strategies any faster?  Are there any other advantages to using Random Generation over Genetic Evolution?

Hi Dave,

Sorry for finding your post a little bit late. I do not use Genetic Evolution, since there is no physical proof that it works. I mean look around.. so many generations and what? 😉

Seriously, I my case GE always lead to one “leader”, obviously megabiased. Perhaps problems with GE configurations or so.

Personally I would rephrase your question: How to find promising strategies faster?

Regards

m

EDIT: actually I think there is a lot of true in my joke. We are trying to simulate genetic evolution, so we are dealing with genetics, right? Shouldn’t the same rules apply?

mabi

Visit profile

7 years ago #140793

@matka

I use both think they are equally good with options available in SQ3 today which are frustating limited. Allthought GE find them faster and you can cut down the time it takes to find them significantly. Megabiased strategies you remove by building blocks, GE settings(tree depth,mutation,etc), ranking options, tick simulation,RT and WFM. Does not matter if you run Randome or GE in regards to the ability to find curvefitted strategies since the percentage of strategies that pass all test seems equal no matter what option you use.

matka

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 186 replies.

Visit profile

7 years ago #140794

Yes, we can to out tricks, hoping that it helps. I am talking about GE as a method in general.

Forgive me stupid question but what is the goal of genetic evolution as a process?

Funny enough, see what google gives, when you ask “goal of genetic evolution” in quotes.

mabi

Visit profile

7 years ago #140795

All the GE does is trying to see if one radome generated strategy  would do better with another stop or target or the entry from another randome generated strategy that was part of the initial randome generated population. Instead of throwing it away and start from 0. Then it keeps doing that until it runs out of population and options and starts over with a new batch of radome generated strategies. This makes it much faster to find and exhaust all possibilities of combinations created by the radom generated strategies rather then just generating millions of almost identical random strategies were of only  few will pass the ranking options . It might look faster generating random but since 99.9999% i crap it is actually much slower since the hit rate is much higher using GE.

gusyoan

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 21 replies.

Visit profile

7 years ago #140860

hi gentmat,

Very nice tip. Is it too late to use multi-instance now? when i use the code you provide, it was said “database locked”, maybe i’m in a wrong way?

thx

File: 1.png1.png

gentmat

Visit profile

7 years ago #140861

hi gentmat,

Very nice tip. Is it too late to use multi-instance now? when i use the code you provide, it was said “database locked”, maybe i’m in a wrong way?

thx

check if you have admin priviledge locked to open the app.
i know this bug but forget what is it about ! but try to see if its admin thing

gentmat

Visit profile

7 years ago #140862

check if you have admin priviledge locked to open the app.
i know this bug but forget what is it about ! but try to see if its admin thing

ex: open 2 instances of the application manually (copy filder twice and try to open multiple instances manually and report back

gusyoan

Visit profile

7 years ago #140864

ex: open 2 instances of the application manually (copy filder twice and try to open multiple instances manually and report back

I tried open full access admin privilege for all user, it still doesn’t work. I can run multi-instances after copy folder many times, but as you said in video, i have to launcher them one by one 🙁 

gentmat

Visit profile

7 years ago #140865

I tried open full access admin privilege for all user, it still doesn’t work. I can run multi-instances after copy folder many times, but as you said in video, i have to launcher them one by one 🙁

if manually you could than the only thing i suspect is :
the script is trying to open same folder sq many times so the last part in your script have a problem . be sure u copied it perfectly .
give me teamviewer access or copy the file and paste here

gusyoan

Visit profile

7 years ago #140866

if manually you could than the only thing i suspect is :
the script is trying to open same folder sq many times so the last part in your script have a problem . be sure u copied it perfectly .
give me teamviewer access or copy the file and paste here

Yes, i modified a bit in last part of script, the last line you posted is : start /LOW StrategyQuant64.exe %SQParameters%

when i ran bat, it informed ‘StrategyQuant64.exe can not be found and stopped automatically

So i tried adding location as : start /LOW F:\StrategyQuant\StrategyQuant64.exe %SQParameters%

It continued running but as you see in pictures i attached, database is then locked.

Viewing 15 replies - 61 through 75 (of 92 total)

1 2 3 4 5 6 7