Sharing my strategy

11 replies

Heilpraktiker

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 46 replies.

Visit profile

7 years ago #115383

I want to share a strategy with you, which passed walk forward optimization. Please tell me, what do you think about it. i am still learning and very unsure.

Attachments in this forum are visible only to Customers.

Patrick

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 424 replies.

Visit profile

7 years ago #138454

i dont know what is UJ. but does it makes sense to use SL based on ATR and TP not? Is it not better when use SL based on fixed pips use also TP on fixed pip and same with ATR?

daveng

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 94 replies.

Visit profile

7 years ago #138456

I think UJ = USDJPY
I ran a real tick test but got a negative result instead. Perhaps due to difference in tick data source.

Patrick

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 424 replies.

Visit profile

7 years ago #138460

i retested the strategy on Ducascopy Tick Data  GMT+2/3 (use those, we use it for a long time without problems, no need to pay or search for different data) Just use Ducascopy.

result was RDD 6 for 12 years, which is much less than it should be.. RDD per 1 year of backtest should be >1. The stategy is weak.

Also, use only adaptible SL/PT based on ATR to have a better results and bigger chance the strategy will work when volatility will change in future.

daveng

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 94 replies.

Visit profile

7 years ago #138462

I am also using Dukascopy tick data but i am using the default timezone setting which is UTC+0.
I am looking to redownload my tick data to change to UTC+2/3 to align to most brokers.

Heilpraktiker

Visit profile

7 years ago #138463

i retested the strategy on Ducascopy Tick Data  GMT+2/3 (use those, we use it for a long time without problems, no need to pay or search for different data) Just use Ducascopy.

result was RDD 6 for 12 years, which is much less than it should be.. RDD per 1 year of backtest should be >1. The stategy is weak.

Also, use only adaptible SL/PT based on ATR to have a better results and bigger chance the strategy will work when volatility will change in future.

Thank you für your fast answers! I used the complete asirikuy data for optimizing and WFM/WFO. Why should RDD per year backtest >1? There is another strategy…

Stability 97%

MaxDD 1.23%

Stagnation 246 days in 20 years

RetDD 40.21

Masterchanger

Customer, bbp_participant, community, sq-ultimate, 11 replies.

Visit profile

7 years ago #138650

Hello Heilpraktiker,

Thanks for sharing your strategy.

I found it a good strategy and only alittle sensitive to spread and commission.

Did you build in any trading costs such as commission? It would be very improbable to get sub 1 pip spread without a commission charge

using 2171 trades times 0.06 commission per 0.01 lot that only means $130.26 in and $130.26 in commission closing the trade. So possibly subtract 10% from the $2572 net profit

Heilpraktiker

Visit profile

7 years ago #138652

Hello Heilpraktiker,

Thanks for sharing your strategy.

I found it a good strategy and only alittle sensitive to spread and commission.

Did you build in any trading costs such as commission? It would be very improbable to get sub 1 pip spread without a commission charge

using 2171 trades times 0.06 commission per 0.01 lot that only means $130.26 in and $130.26 in commission closing the trade. So possibly subtract 10% from the $2572 net profit

Thank you for your answer. I dont pay commissions and the spread for EURUSD is 0.7-0.9 pips at ActiveTrades. But maybe we should subtract a little bit.

I am still learning and i think there is a lot to learn… 🙂

Masterchanger

Customer, bbp_participant, community, sq-ultimate, 11 replies.

Visit profile

7 years ago #138654

Wow, I stand corrected!

i went to the ActiveTrades website and it is indeed commission free trading with low spreads for all account types.

I  live in the US and I think the best spreads come from FXCM which has a commission charge to get those spreads or large account balances, otherwise its  a EURUSD spread above 2 pips commission free and we have Oanda with a EURUSD spread of around 1 but the spreads widen a lot around rollover times and “illiquid” times. The regulatory climate here severely reduces competition and choice. Good trading to you!

Heilpraktiker

Visit profile

7 years ago #138772

I am a little bit disappointed: 10 downloads of my shared strategy and no feedback 🙁

pknoell

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 15 replies.

Visit profile

7 years ago #138801

Thank you für your fast answers! I used the complete asirikuy data for optimizing and WFM/WFO. Why should RDD per year backtest >1? There is another strategy…Stability 97%

MaxDD 1.23%

Stagnation 246 days in 20 years

RetDD 40.21

Hi!

The strategy is profitable in my tests for different brokers and with a spread of 2.5. But: It is not profitable for timeframe H4 in the last 5 years. My stategies always need to be profitable in the next higher timeframe as well.

Regards,  PK

Heilpraktiker

Visit profile

7 years ago #138817

Hi!

The strategy is profitable in my tests for different brokers and with a spread of 2.5. But: It is not profitable for timeframe H4 in the last 5 years. My stategies always need to be profitable in the next higher timeframe as well.

Regards,  PK

Thank you for testing! Do you backtest all over 5 years or only H4?

Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)