Lucca’s approach and goals

5 replies

Gui

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 59 replies.

Visit profile

7 years ago #115403

Greetings fellow users,

I am a new SQ user, and I would like to first thank the SQ team and the proactive members of this community. Some comments and discussions are purely amazing and taught me a lot.

I have been a discretionary trader for over 10 years, a hobby that costed me so far a lot less than women, alcohol and golf ;). I would like to step up my game by using automated trading to free myself some time and put my experience to practice in a more controllable emotional environment.

Based on my past experience and during the trial period, also with the discussions on the forum, I drew my guideline.

My goal:

– To have a large capital (100-200k), and not to use a leverage above 3.

– I consider an EA robust once it went through to all the stages: retest/1M data/ other curency and time frame, MC (500 runs),

– The WFM (as Mark example) is the final filter.

– When I retest on different symbols, to check if the EA stays in the positive territory.

– I target EAs with an annual return of 20% to 40%, and a R/DD>2.

– I account for risk based on the MC results.

– Any sharp ratio above 2 or ecellent results are alerts to look into curve fittings and I hence test it more.

– I believe once the EAs have a positive expectancy, the key to profitability resides in Portfolio management (diversification, asset correlations) and not the EA itself.

– I use dukascopy data, set on GMT, and manually change the time on the EA mq4 itself, because I have many brokers, on different time frames.

– My portfolio consist mainly of 1H timeframe, with a minority of 4h and 30m strategies. EAs are weighted based on the risk assessed during MC tests.

The reality now…

I am still in the learning process of SQ, for the next years I guess… I have some EAs that are currently running, I need to increase my capital, and I expect to get the additionals EAs to do so thanks to SQ; Not only the highest range breakouts EAs I had so far 😉

Work in progress:

– Study for more effective portfolio management method

– Develop the EAs I traded manually on EA Wizard

– Develop knowledge about EAs on CFDs

– To keep myself accountable regarding the above mentions goals.

– To change my mind when I see I am wrong, and adjust my goals.

– To look for ways to develop mean reversion strategies

I am not a native english speaker, so I hope it is not too boring !

Happy pips and good luck to all.

Think different

Patrick

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 424 replies.

Visit profile

7 years ago #138564

Welcome 🙂

i do understand the account size, but i dont understand the leverage. why is it so important for you? do you want to say you will risk only for example 10% of the account? or why do mentioned leverage? i think leverage is not so important. it says only how much money will be “blocked” while you trade.

Patrick

Gui

Visit profile

7 years ago #138576

i do understand the account size, but i dont understand the leverage. why is it so important for you? do you want to say you will risk only for example 10% of the account? or why do mentioned leverage? i think leverage is not so important. it says only how much money will be “blocked” while you trade.

Hi Patrick! 

I mean that fully deployed,  the investment portfolio shall not exceed 3 times the initial capital at any given time. Leverage can be key factor during chaotic events.

Think different

_Cujo

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 102 replies.

Visit profile

7 years ago #138668

Welcome, same reason I came to SQ – to get away from staring at screens.

It works well for that, but very different – discretionary v. systems trading. I originally tried to port my manual system to make it automated, and discovered a much richer world of alternatives. Haven’t looked back.

Per other thread, wouldn’t limit your selves to means reversion, but it’s whatever you feel comfortable with really.

Anyway, good luck.

Gui

Visit profile

7 years ago #138699

Welcome, same reason I came to SQ – to get away from staring at screens.

It works well for that, but very different – discretionary v. systems trading. I originally tried to port my manual system to make it automated, and discovered a much richer world of alternatives. Haven’t looked back.

Per other thread, wouldn’t limit your selves to means reversion, but it’s whatever you feel comfortable with really.

Anyway, good luck.

SQ opens new windows BUT it doesn’t change the end game: buy/sell & risk & money management ! 😉 never mind how we call it!

Keep your eyes on the ball mate!

Think different

jean stiker

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 0 replies.

Visit profile

5 years ago #233132

I didn’t seen the reply will be in the public post… anyway!

I want to expose an idea :

I look for some persons to work toghether :

–  from the begin (settings of SQ) to the end (WFM passed),

–  exchange ideas about settings, markets types , strategies etc.

– onces fews strategies in the portefolio try to have the best portfolio

– look for the reactions of differents portefolio (with differents brokers) when in incubation phase, we can quantify

exogenus parameters for example.

Thanks and Cheers.

Jean

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)