DAX point value

7 replies

Patrick

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 424 replies.

Visit profile

7 years ago #115515

Hi,

is anybody here trading DAX?

What point value in $, pip tick size+step do you use? Could you share it with others?

Thanks

Patrick

tomas262

Administrator, sq-ultimate, 2 replies.

Visit profile

7 years ago #139174

Hello,

do you mean FDAX futures traded on EUREX or DAX CFDs contracts?

varilorant

Subscriber, bbp_participant, community, 9 replies.

Visit profile

7 years ago #139182

Futures: FDAX on EUREX: 25 € / point (or 12.50 € / tick).

http://www.eurexchange.com/exchange-en/products/idx/dax/17206/

CFDs: DE30 or GER30, or similar on CFDs: nobody knows, there is no common calculation. Every broker create his own contact specification, margin requirement, point value system, min step, etcetc 

You need to ask your broker or check the full contract specification through the broker trading platform:

MT4: Go to “MarketWatch” window, right click on “DAX” instrument, select “Specifications” and do you job, test it, understand it.

cTrader: Serch for “DAX” instrument , right click and select “Information”, scroll down and check “Symbol info” block

Usually 1 Lot CFD contract on DAX is 0.10 € / PIP….but…

I hope this will help.

Best Regards  

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Lorant, Vari
Founder, CEO
AlgoTrader Technologies Ltd.  

M: +40 (752) 469 363
E:  
[email protected]
W:  http://www.algotrader.ninja
T:  http://twitter.com/algotraderninja
S:  lorant_algotrader (skype ID)

-------------------------------------------------------------------

This e-mail contains proprietary information, some or all of which may be legally privileged. Unless otherwise specified, the opinions expressed herein do not necessarily represent those of AlgoTrader Technologies Ltd. It is for the intended recipient only.  AlgoTrader Technologies Ltd  accepts no responsibility for any loss or damage arising in any way from the receipt of this document or use thereof. If you have received this document in error, please notify us immediately by replying to the author of this e - mail then destroy and delete this document. Any form of reproduction, dissemination, copying, disclosure, modification, distribution and/or publication of this document is strictly prohibited.

Patrick

Visit profile

7 years ago #139198

ok so point value is 0.1$/€, pip tick size a nd step depends on data but its 0.1 pip/tick size and 0.1 pip/tick step (if it is 2 decimals data, than step is 0.01)

but when i import data form SQ tick data downloader, its only open and close (no high low) and instead of TF i see intraday….:-/

tomas262

Visit profile

7 years ago #139218

ok so point value is 0.1$/€, pip tick size a nd step depends on data but its 0.1 pip/tick size and 0.1 pip/tick step (if it is 2 decimals data, than step is 0.01)

but when i import data form SQ tick data downloader, its only open and close (no high low) and instead of TF i see intraday….:-/

Hello,

what date range of the Dax data did you download and import?

Patrick

Visit profile

7 years ago #139265

i downloaded all avaliable data from TDD.

Can anyone recommend good datasource for DAX (CFD) and also TF?

Because i did not success yet with any data i tried.

Thanks.

Edinho

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 36 replies.

Visit profile

7 years ago #139363

Hi guys

Anyone generating strategies on NIKKEI 225 CFDs?

Iam trying to get pip size , step and value of point right with no succes so far.

tomas262

Visit profile

7 years ago #139371

Hi guys

Anyone generating strategies on NIKKEI 225 CFDs?

Iam trying to get pip size , step and value of point right with no succes so far.

Hello,

this CFD moves in whole points while each point is 5 USD. But still each broker can have different settings

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)