Tick Data Suite v2 public beta

14 replies

Karish

Customer, bbp_participant, community, sq-ultimate, 443 replies.

Visit profile

7 years ago #115545

mikeyc

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 877 replies.

Visit profile

7 years ago #139335

Looks excellent a big step forward.

daveng

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 93 replies.

Visit profile

7 years ago #139338

Wow, that’s awesome news! I am still actively using TDS version 1 till today with TickStory and looks like with the newly integrated Tick Data Manager, I wouldn’t even need TickStory going forward. Best of all it has 2 data sources, Duckascopy and TrueFX with an ultra compression format and central depository for all MT4 instances.
Man, this is like a dream come true…and this is what I call a quantum leap.
I am going to upgrade and try over the weekend.
Thanks for breaking the news Karish, can’t believe I actually missed this announcement!

kzfx

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 30 replies.

Visit profile

7 years ago #139348

Thanks for sharing the good news, Karish!  😀

daveng

Visit profile

7 years ago #139378

Ok I’ve tested TDS v2 beta and I am happily using it now.
So here is a summary of what I have gathered from this new version and I must say I am impressed:

– Comes with a newly integrated Tick Data Manager which means now you don’t need another 3rd party tick download software
– Tick download is fast
– Tick data compression is outstanding resulting in lower size tick files
– No more FXT files which saves you tons of HDD space!!!
– HST files will still be auto generated by MT4 when you start your back test but actually HST is not required by TDS. There is a workaround that I’ve got from Birt which is to manually create “blank” HST files and that will prevent HST files from being auto generated by MT4.
– Offers 2 tick data source: Dukascopy and TrueFX
– Lets you select time zone for back test
– Lets you define variable spread range and slippage range
– Lets you select leverage for your back test (i particularly like this)
– Faster back tests
– Unlike v1, v2-beta automatically integrates into all your installed MT4 session – no hassle
– No need special shortcut to launch, just launch via the normal MT4 shortcut
– Modelling quality is now 99.00% (previously was 99.90%). Birt said that 99.00% came along as the standard number from over the years

So overall my user experience in TDS V2-beta is nothing short of excellent. This is indeed a power packed enhancement.

AC1962

Customer, bbp_participant, community, sq-ultimate, 97 replies.

Visit profile

7 years ago #139443

I fully agree, Birt has done a wonderful job! I’ve now used TDS v2 for last 2 weekends and though I have had a few small issues, that Birt has immediately resolved for me, the ease and speed of use is much improved – a quantum improvement in speed: e.g. a weekly tick data update of 8x different pairs took no more than 5min in total. Compare that with SQ Tick Downloader which currently takes several hours on my PC to preform the same weekly update of tick data. It would be great if SQ Tick Downloader performance speed could be equally improved, or otherwise if SQ4 were able to import TDS *.bfc tick data file format.

Also love the new TDS Setting\Export options that allow user to define preferred Contract Size in MT4 with TDS v2. Now you can adjust Fx pairs, with JPY base currency, to a Contract Size = 1,000 to match my SQ Data Manager ‘Point Value in $’ setting, rather than having a fixed standard Contract Size of 100,000.

Great work Birt!

AC1962

Karish

Visit profile

7 years ago #139578

Post #1 was updated with a video tutorial on how to use Tick Data Suite V2.*

rafaeldelrey

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 18 replies.

Visit profile

7 years ago #139604

I have installed TDS 2 yesterday and downloaded a couple of pairs.  How can I import them to SQ?  I could not find any export option.

clonex / Ivan Hudec

Customer, bbp_participant, community, sq-ultimate, contributor, author, editor, 271 replies.

Visit profile

7 years ago #139608

Not implemented yet

Karish

Visit profile

7 years ago #139610

I have installed TDS 2 yesterday and downloaded a couple of pairs.  How can I import them to SQ?  I could not find any export option.

As clonex already said, it is Not implemented yet, though you can just use the old fashion way.. or TDD or TickStory (i use TickStory)

as for TDS v2 you can use it for MT4 with ease now 🙂 the new version is cool.

JRod78

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 33 replies.

Visit profile

7 years ago #139665

Does anyone know if you can run backtests with TDS v2 on pairs trading strategies?  Or even just strategies that use data from another symbol to trigger the trades?

daveng

Visit profile

7 years ago #139670

Does anyone know if you can run backtests with TDS v2 on pairs trading strategies?  Or even just strategies that use data from another symbol to trigger the trades?

I don’t think you can do that because you need to select a specific currency pair in the TDS menu and you can only choose one.

daveng

Visit profile

7 years ago #139671

As clonex already said, it is Not implemented yet, though you can just use the old fashion way.. or TDD or TickStory (i use TickStory)
as for TDS v2 you can use it for MT4 with ease now 🙂 the new version is cool.

I think there are more cool things coming up for TDS2, it’s going to be an exciting roadmap ahead.
I have been using it a lot lately, love it!

Rimantas Petrauskas

Subscriber, bbp_participant, community, customer, 10 replies.

Visit profile

7 years ago #139799

I agree. Birt has done a great job with TDS2.

And here’s something really useful for those who want a quick step-by-step MT4 backtesting tutorial.

“Stick to one trading strategy until you prove it wrong or keep profiting with it.” - Rimantas Petrauskas

daveng

Visit profile

7 years ago #139805

I agree. Birt has done a great job with TDS2.

And here’s something really useful for those who want a quick step-by-step MT4 backtesting tutorial.

Thanks Rimantas, love your guides as they are always very clear and detailed.
I will be reaching out to Birt to ask if its possible to add 2 more options for custom environment which are the max pending order limit and the symbol max volume limit. It will be good if we can manually set our own values for these 2 options so as to simulate a further restrained environment for testing our EA. At least I think it will be useful for developers to be able to stress test their EAs under such limitations.

Viewing 14 replies - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)