Isolate Currency Pairs In What If Alternative EA Analyzer

1 replies

Julianrob

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 54 replies.

Visit profile

7 years ago #116429

Hi support,

It seems like the most logical and important detail needed to be isolated in ‘Create What If Alternative’ for the Quant EA Analyzer is to see performance of individual currency pairs, yet this feature is lacking.

I would pay right now to have the feature added that we can isolate certain pairs in what if alternative. Also, I can see that under equity chart it is very hard to see which color line goes to which pair, then the pairs in the key at the bottom need a more solid color block, and perhaps popup info when you hover over a colored line on the graph. And under trade analysis tab, please add P/L by currency pair

Tomas I can see you created a feature request on this but its refused. Why? You told me I can do it myself using the code editor, but I’m not experienced to know this. Please can you help me create the snippet for it, or add it to Quant analyzer.

I added BySymbol file to WhatIf folder of snippets. This is what I have so far, but I’m missing something, please help:

package com.strategyquant.extend.WhatIf;
import java.util.Iterator;
import com.strategyquant.lib.snippets.WhatIf;
import com.strategyquant.lib.results.SQOrderList;
import com.strategyquant.lib.results.SQOrder;
public class BySymbol extends WhatIf {
public BySymbol() {
setName(“By Symbol”);
addIntParameter(“Symbol”, “Symbol”, 20, 2, 1000, 1);
        // set name of this method that will be displayed with parameter(s)
setFormatedName(“Exclude Pairs by symbol”);
}
/**
* Function receives list of all orders sorted by open time and it could manipulate
* the list and remove any order that matches certain filter from the list.
* Order structure is available in the documentation here:
* @param originalOrders – list of original orders that can be changed. Each order has the order properties specified above
*/
@Override
public void filter(SQOrderList originalOrders) throws Exception {
int parameter = getIntParameterValue(“_PARAMETER_”);
for(Iterator<SQOrder> i = originalOrders.listIterator(); i.hasNext();) {
SQOrder order = i.next();
// todo – your custom action
// orders can be skipped or manipulated here
}
}
}

PLEASE help me Tomas I do not know what to do

Julian

Julianrob

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 54 replies.

Visit profile

7 years ago #141936

Thanks for your assistance. I’m getting a FILTERSYMBOL error, it can’t recognise that file.

This is well above my understanding. I’d like the symbol options to appear as checkboxes just like the dates and days of the week.

That way we can include or exclude the symbols we want. Please can Strategy quant add this feature to the analyzer? It would be such a useful filter to have, and It’s a no brainer!!

Julian

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)