“Accepted Strategies” vs “in Databank”?

3 replies

Ilya

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 105 replies.

Visit profile

5 years ago #236741

Hi, I am a bit confused with SQ 4, I am generating strategies for 15 hours or so, I see 3600 accepted strategies and only 2986 in the databank (Maximum amount of strategies to store in databank is 20,000).

Is that a bug? what does that mean?

Attachments:
You must be logged in to view attached files.

hankeys

Customer, bbp_participant, community, sq-ultimate, 487 replies.

Visit profile

5 years ago #236743

if you click “detailed” you can see stats that some strategies has been too similar or stategy was removed because of better one. These states could do the results

You want to be a profitable algotrader? We started using StrateQuant software in early 2014. For now we have a very big knowhow for building EAs for every possible types of markets. We share this knowhow, apps, tools and also all final strategies with real traders. If you want to join us, fill in the FORM.

Ilya

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 105 replies.

Visit profile

5 years ago #236744

Ah that’s a very nice feature. Could you precise the difference between “Replace with a better strategy” and “too similar”?

qattack

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 44 replies.

Visit profile

5 years ago #236750

“Replaced with a better strategy” means that a strategy was placed into the databank and later removed because a better one was found.

“Too similar” means that the last strategy generated was similar to one already in the databank but not as good.

Basically they are the same thing, but in one instance, the better strategy was generated first and in the other it was generated last.

I am just returning to SQ after a year-a-half absence, and this was one feature that really stuck out as an improvement. Previously, there would often be a LOT of very similar strategies in the genetic pool. This should improve results substantially.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)