Backtests results

2 replies

Edoardo Giammarco

Subscriber, bbp_participant, 3 replies.

Visit profile

1 week ago #286238

Hey, goodevening

I have really appreciated all the functionalities of the free trial as of now but before buying I would like to understand why am I still facing some issues.

Backtesting results do not match for some strategies when i try testing them on MT5 terminal. I have made sure the data in use has same timezone etc…

I wouldn’t know how to make sure they have the SAME data set file, but I doubt it’s because of this cause a VERY profitable strategy developed on StrategyQuant X will blow the account when tested on MT5 with same initial capital and settings etc… (both MT5 nad strategy quant is set on TICK data, using XAUUSD).

I said I doubt it’s the different data providers cause I guess there can’t be such huge differents in the markets, to blow one account and to make another go +500% ?

Thank you for any help

tomas262

Administrator, sq-ultimate, 2 replies.

Visit profile

1 week ago #286256

You can share the strategy or send to [email protected] for our check and backtest in MetaTrader

Edoardo Giammarco

Subscriber, bbp_participant, 3 replies.

Visit profile

1 week ago #286269

Below I pasted the strategy file, the screenshot of the equity curve for the metatrader tests, and the screenshot of the equity curve when done the tests on the strategy quant platform.

The Strategy Quant test is done from dates 2004-2019 whereas the metatrader one just from 2015-2019 (shortened the timeframe just to no waste time and see if it matched or no). There seems to be a huge discrepancy and I really don’t know what am I doing wrong.

Attachments:
You must be logged in to view attached files.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)