BTCUSD test on another market

4 replies

Ben

Subscriber, bbp_participant, customer, community, sq-ultimate, 9 replies.

Visit profile

3 years ago #269623

I’m doing robustness testing for strategies created on BTC USD. To test the strategies on another market, what market would be appropriate? Or would you just take a pass on this test?

Ben

tomas262

Administrator, sq-ultimate, 2 replies.

Visit profile

3 years ago #269628

Hi,

I would say other cryptos could be a good option to see how the system works for them. Generally it is tough to decide based on the fact that BTCUSD is now super-bullish hard to compare with anything else …

hankeys

Customer, bbp_participant, community, sq-ultimate, 487 replies.

Visit profile

3 years ago #269629

crypto trading with SQX, i think its not possible – lack of data, lack of brokers (different specs, different trading hours), crazy market behavior – 100x bigger candles than a year ago – no simple strategy logic from SQX will beat these huuuuge changes

i see only 1 solution – to get with our strategies to the exchange itself, like binance – but we dont have bridge between SQX and binance

You want to be a profitable algotrader? We started using StrateQuant software in early 2014. For now we have a very big knowhow for building EAs for every possible types of markets. We share this knowhow, apps, tools and also all final strategies with real traders. If you want to join us, fill in the FORM.

jpcoder

Customer, bbp_participant, community, sq-ultimate, 29 replies.

Visit profile

3 years ago #271279

Binance has a fairly straight forward API so a “bridge” between SQX psuedo code and Binance seems possible.

My question would more be how does one even setup the build parameters in SQX to work with crypto instruments?  What do spread, slippage, pips, etc even mean in the case of crypto?  Can someone provide examples of how these parameters would be used?

kasinath

Subscriber, bbp_participant, customer, community, sq-ultimate, 112 replies.

Visit profile

2 years ago #275016

…how does one even setup the build parameters in SQX to work with crypto instruments? What do spread, slippage, pips, etc even mean in the case of crypto? Can someone provide examples of how these parameters would be used?

Were you able to figure this out? I’m trying to do the same. Can you share any examples?

Thanks in advance.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)