calculating sma of bar range

6 replies

Srinivasa Are

Subscriber, bbp_participant, 0 replies.

Visit profile

4 years ago #245063

I want to calculate sma of last 14 bar ranges to compare against the current bar range ( in other words- if the current  bar range is more than avg of last 14 bar ranges then i want to go long)..in EA wizard i couldn’t find a way to give bar range as input to SMA indicator, how do i do this? below, i want to give bar range as input to SMA indicator

if (BarRange(Main chart)[1] > SMA(Main chart,14)[1])
{
// Action #1
Open Long order at Market;
Duplicate trades: disabled;

}

tomas262

Administrator, sq-ultimate, 2 replies.

Visit profile

4 years ago #245415

Hello,

thats what ATR is for. ATR – average true range gives you average or bar range for a certain period. So you can setup a condition if Bar Range > ATR(14) then do something …

Srinivasa Are

Subscriber, bbp_participant, 0 replies.

Visit profile

4 years ago #245444

i want to mulitply 2* ATR(14), how do i do that in EA wizard?

currently it is this way

BarRange[0] > ATR(14)[1]

I want

BarRange[0] > 2* ATR(14)[1]

Also, how do i do this? current bar closes at the top of its 20% range

Close[0] > (High[0] – ((Range1[0] * 20%) )) )

bentra

Customer, bbp_participant, community, sq-ultimate, 22 replies.

Visit profile

4 years ago #245554

current bar closes at the top of its 20% range Close[0] > (High[0] – ((Range1[0] * 20%) )) )

That’s a great idea for a new block. I’ve recently read Kevin Davey’s new book where this entry idea is mentioned.

May all your fits be loose.

https://www.darwinex.com/darwin/SUG.4.2/

bentra

Customer, bbp_participant, community, sq-ultimate, 22 replies.

Visit profile

4 years ago #245555

current bar closes at the top of its 20% range Close[0] > (High[0] – ((Range1[0] * 20%) )) )

That’s a great idea for a new block. I’ve recently read Kevin Davey’s new book where this signal idea is mentioned.

May all your fits be loose.

https://www.darwinex.com/darwin/SUG.4.2/

tomas262

Administrator, sq-ultimate, 2 replies.

Visit profile

4 years ago #245578

You need to use the multiplication function on the right side. See the screenshot

Attachments:
You must be logged in to view attached files.

lenox_ kadunskii

Subscriber, bbp_participant, 3 replies.

Visit profile

1 year ago #280268

i want to mulitply 2* ATR(14), how do i do that in EA wizard? currently it is this way BarRange[0] > ATR(14)[1] I want BarRange[0] > 2* ATR(14)[1] Also, how do i do this? current bar closes at the top of its 20% range Close[0] > (High[0] – ((Range1[0] * 20%) )) )

using this strategy hinders my learning. The good thing is the good thing is the essay service they help me quickly, but not for free, although they have 24/7 support. So now I have more time and opportunities to implement new strategies

what did you get in the raw data, did you find the answer

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)