Can I load an MQL4 file in SQX and run it through “Retester”?

6 replies

Shahed Khan

Subscriber, bbp_participant, customer, community, 2 replies.

Visit profile

3 years ago #261633

Hello,

Can I load an MQL4 file in SQX and run it through “Retester” to test robustness and optimize settings?

Is there any utility program that convert MQL4 file to .sqx?

Thanks in advance.

tomas262

Administrator, sq-ultimate, 2 replies.

Visit profile

3 years ago #261723

Hello,

no you cannot import MQL code but you can build your strategy from scratch using AlgoWizard. Then you will have fully-functional strategy that can be optimized and tested

WJPII

Subscriber, bbp_participant, customer, community, sq-ultimate, 118 replies.

Visit profile

3 years ago #262219

Actually, I had the same type of question.  SQ is selling QuantAnalyzer and it looks identical to all the functions in SQX.  So, why couldn’t we load a ex4 into SQX for back testing if QuantAnalyzer accepts ex4 files?

hankeys

Customer, bbp_participant, community, sq-ultimate, 487 replies.

Visit profile

3 years ago #262239

QuantAnalyzer and SQX are totally different apps – quantanalyzer is mostly used for building portfolios and SQX is for building the strategies

you can really load EX4 files somewhere? EX4 is compiled MQL4 and its not the open code, from where you can read something of the logic of the strategies – and imagination, that there will be some app where i could load MQL4 files is nonsense

You want to be a profitable algotrader? We started using StrateQuant software in early 2014. For now we have a very big knowhow for building EAs for every possible types of markets. We share this knowhow, apps, tools and also all final strategies with real traders. If you want to join us, fill in the FORM.

WJPII

Subscriber, bbp_participant, customer, community, sq-ultimate, 118 replies.

Visit profile

3 years ago #262263

Thanks.  I downloaded quantanalyzer and can see you cannot load ex4 files.  I was just wondering if there was another method of testing EA’s outside of MT4.

mary100

Subscriber, bbp_participant, 4 replies.

Visit profile

3 years ago #262417

Hello, no you cannot import MQL code but you can build your strategy from scratch using AlgoWizard. Then you will have fully-functional strategy that can be optimized and tested

can we get any tutorials from on how to import custom indicator to strategyquant

tomas262

Administrator, sq-ultimate, 2 replies.

Visit profile

3 years ago #265984

Hello, no you cannot import MQL code but you can build your strategy from scratch using AlgoWizard. Then you will have fully-functional strategy that can be optimized and tested

can we get any tutorials from on how to import custom indicator to strategyquant

Hi,

as for custom indicators, there are few options here to add new indicators:

1) You can either code it using Java according to our codebase example here https://strategyquant.com/codebase
2) Or you can upload just the indicator data into SQX that will be used to evaluate signals as shown here https://strategyquant.com/doc/strategyquant/external-indicators/

The other option is less beneficial because you upload final data that are based on certain indicator setting. If you change the indicator’s setting you need to upload new data. So for custom indicators it is much better to use the option #1 in SQX

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)