Cannot get any strategies to work…

11 replies

WJPII

Subscriber, bbp_participant, customer, community, sq-ultimate, 118 replies.

Visit profile

3 years ago #267149

I have been trying for 2 months to create, test, optimize, etc multiple strategies using SQX.  I have gone through every single tutorial and indicator and signal set ups.  As of today, I am pretty much done with trying to create an EA with SQX unless someone can help me and show me what is wrong.  I have created over 20 in SQX and not one can back test in MT4 with anything close to the results within SQX.  See attached EA, screenshot from SQX and results from MT4 ST.  I REALLY need help.  Something is wrong….my computer has been going 24/7 for months and nothing works.  Thanks.

Attachments:
You must be logged in to view attached files.

hankeys

Customer, bbp_participant, community, sq-ultimate, 487 replies.

Visit profile

3 years ago #267159

and what exactly is your problem, because i am trading SQX strats for almost a year and dont have any problems with them…attach also the SQX file, from MQL file nothing could be said

You want to be a profitable algotrader? We started using StrateQuant software in early 2014. For now we have a very big knowhow for building EAs for every possible types of markets. We share this knowhow, apps, tools and also all final strategies with real traders. If you want to join us, fill in the FORM.

WJPII

Visit profile

3 years ago #267161

Thank you for the reply.  Attached is the SQX file.  I previously attached the MQL file.  As you will see, the results in SQX has 437 trades over 10 years and a profit factor of 1.43.  When converting over to MT4 and running a BT, the results are horrible.  This is the same for each of the 20+ EA’s I have created over the last 2 months.  I simply cannot get any of the EA’s to work after sending to MT4.  The only thing I can think of is that I am using TDS for ticks and running variable spreads starting at 1.  But even when I remove that and just put fixed spread of 2, it doesn’t make that much of a difference.

In addition, I stopped copying the code into the Editor to compile.  Every single one has 100’s of errors.

I wish someone can help me.  I am getting more and more frustrated….

Attachments:

hankeys

Visit profile

3 years ago #267164

for me its trading normally and backtest in TDS looks good

basic question is – why do you use %MM with the settings you have in the SQX strategy?

Attachments:

You want to be a profitable algotrader? We started using StrateQuant software in early 2014. For now we have a very big knowhow for building EAs for every possible types of markets. We share this knowhow, apps, tools and also all final strategies with real traders. If you want to join us, fill in the FORM.

hankeys

Visit profile

3 years ago #267165

because your setting for MM is strange – size decimals only 1, why?

with lower capital your strategy will produce only 0.01 lots and nothing more

WJPII

Visit profile

3 years ago #267179

Thank you for checking.  I am not sure why my EA’s are not working.  I will need to download a new MT4 terminal and all new ticks to see if that is the problem.  And for my MM – I start off with a low balance and .01 lots for SQX development first.  Then, optimize with MM to see how it performs over long term.  Just personal preference.  Although, I don’t understand why the EA is coming up with size decimal of 1 though.

mabi

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 261 replies.

Visit profile

3 years ago #267183

Dont forgett to copy SQ indicators to MT4 .

WJPII

Visit profile

3 years ago #267185

Yes.  That was the first thing I did.

Another interesting thing is that when I copy the code from SQX, then put into the MT Editor to compile, I get 100’s of errors.  So now I can only save as ea4 only.

mabi

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 261 replies.

Visit profile

3 years ago #267186

what errors ?

WJPII

Visit profile

3 years ago #267219

See attached.

Attachments:

hankeys

Visit profile

3 years ago #267228

you see 0 errors, only warnings…no problem at all…your strategy has been compiled and thats all

WJPII

Visit profile

3 years ago #267234

Ok.  Thank you.  I will keep plugging away at this.

Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)