Change time later in MT5 code

4 replies

Daniel

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 36 replies.

Visit profile

3 years ago #266933

I have created now some futures strategies and did not copy before the imported data to the brokers timezone.

Now it happened the following. The strategy should close the trade at 15:00 US CT. But at already 10:00 US CT the trade has been closed. This happened because my brokers time was at this moment 15:00 in MT5.

So I changed the EndofDay setting in MT5 code from 15:00 to 20:00 (meaning shift it 5 hours later) to close the strategy at 15:00 US CT, this worked.

But does this affect in any way the realiabilty of any backtest I did with the original time settings? The strategy is not based on a special time setting ect.

Thanks!

DP

hankeys

Customer, bbp_participant, community, sq-ultimate, 487 replies.

Visit profile

3 years ago #266944

sure – if you dont use cloned data to the timezone used in the platform, the backtest will be different – it could depend on used timeframe and building blocks, but most probably the backtest will be different

you need to retest the strategies to see the difference

You want to be a profitable algotrader? We started using StrateQuant software in early 2014. For now we have a very big knowhow for building EAs for every possible types of markets. We share this knowhow, apps, tools and also all final strategies with real traders. If you want to join us, fill in the FORM.

Daniel

Visit profile

3 years ago #266945

Thanks Hankey!

Ok to clone the data… all futures are downloaded by default with the timezone EXCHANGE in SQX. If my broker is 5 hours earlier (so broker has 15:00 while exchange is still 10:00) then it means that I need to clone with shift +5, correct?

DP

Daniel

Visit profile

3 years ago #266946

Or minus 5 ? 🙂

DP

hankeys

Customer, bbp_participant, community, sq-ultimate, 487 replies.

Visit profile

3 years ago #266953

take one candle from your platform and compare it with the candles in SQX in datamanager and you will find what settings you need to use

you need to synchronise the timezone

You want to be a profitable algotrader? We started using StrateQuant software in early 2014. For now we have a very big knowhow for building EAs for every possible types of markets. We share this knowhow, apps, tools and also all final strategies with real traders. If you want to join us, fill in the FORM.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)