Don’t understand

3 replies

gregh

Customer, bbp_participant, sq-ultimate, community, 14 replies.

Visit profile

1 year ago #280838

I cannot get anything to backtest in AW.  No matter how simple, nothing is produced. I spent 2+ hours double checking everything looking for my mistake.  I can’t get the included examples to back test. Attached is a simple CL test, 5min TF, buy on cross above 65 RSI, or sell on cross below 35 RSI. Simple fixed SL & TP or exit after 8 bars.

Also, look at the code for trading options and the trading options settings. It appears that the code generator ignores the settings.   I ran a separate version in which I removed any trading options constraints, and still no results.

Attachments:
You must be logged in to view attached files.

gregh

Visit profile

1 year ago #280839

Also, it ignores any changes to money management. Changes to order size or initial capital do not change in the source code.  Any time changes I make in Trading Options do not change. All times remain 08:00. Probably that is why there are no results. If I make changes to the indicator setting or SL/TP, those changes do reflect in the source code.

tomas262

Administrator, sq-ultimate, 2 replies.

Visit profile

1 year ago #280894

Hi, do you use the online algoWizard to test this?

gregh

Visit profile

1 year ago #280905

Tomas. Yes I used AW Cloud (not beta).  I created the same strategy in SQX (single strategy) to see how SQX produces the code. It produced it correctly.  Two days later I a similar strategy again in AW cloud, and the code was produced correctly. Clearly, there was an issue with your source code generator.  Seems corrected now.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)