Doubts about the Spread

6 replies

Carlos Manuel Calderon

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 0 replies.

Visit profile

6 years ago #233236

Good afternoon, I have seen in your videos that to work with a pair of 5 digits like eurusd a spread of 3 micropips is used in both “Data manager” and in “Build Strategys / Settings / Data” … Then when I go to try some of the Strategies obtained with SQ in Meta Trader 4, I must configure the MT4 with a spread also of 3 micropips so that the strategy works and of results similar to those obtained in SQ … Therefore I have the doubt if the strategies obtained in SQ only works for spread of 3 micropips or they can also work for larger and more adjusted spreads to reality such as 3 or 5 pips (30 or 50 micropips)

Mark Fric

Administrator, sq-ultimate, 2 replies.

Visit profile

6 years ago #233242

Hello Carlos,

no, the spread is in pips, doesn’t matter if you use 4 or 5 digit broker. So if you configure it to 3 (for example), it is 3 pips, not 3 micropips.

The data have their pip size defined in Data manager, so it is not dependent on number of digits the symbol uses.

Mark
StrategyQuant architect

tomas262

Visit profile

6 years ago #233246

As for the strategy spread sensitivity, you can use SQ built-in robustness test to verify how the strategy will behave when the spread varies on the real market

Attachments:
You must be logged in to view attached files.

yazdan yazdan

Subscriber, bbp_participant, 1 replies.

Visit profile

3 years ago #268927

Hi

Gold spread is 60 by default in the program.
Does this mean that gold spreads are tick sized?
For example, in the broker where I take a back test, the spread is about 2.5 pips. Do I have to enter the spread in program 2.5or 25?

tomas262

Visit profile

3 years ago #269337

The spread setting is meant to represent number of pips so if your broker has 2.5 you set the same value

hankeys

Customer, bbp_participant, community, sq-ultimate, 487 replies.

Visit profile

3 years ago #269360

its a question of how the data are set – if gold as default is using for piptick size and step 0.01/0.01, it means that spread will be 60, because this setting for piptick size is not in pips, but in ticks

You want to be a profitable algotrader? We started using StrateQuant software in early 2014. For now we have a very big knowhow for building EAs for every possible types of markets. We share this knowhow, apps, tools and also all final strategies with real traders. If you want to join us, fill in the FORM.

MOHAMMAD

Subscriber, bbp_participant, 3 replies.

Visit profile

1 year ago #278826

Hi dear friends,

I really need your help. I mixed up. what is 60 in default? Is it based on ticks? my broker spread for gold which is between 40-50 points or 4-5 pips. Is it ok or not to make the strategy? Thanks. please reply me as I really need your guidance. God bless you

Attachments:
You must be logged in to view attached files.

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)