Download Data Period

3 replies

Kevin Cheung

Subscriber, bbp_participant, customer, community, sq-ultimate, 3 replies.

Visit profile

1 year ago #280260

Hi,

1. Would you consider letting the user select the period of data would like to download instead of FULL length of data?

2. We should be able to select the GMT offset before downloading the data

IT WILL SAVE THE DOWNLOAD BANDWIDTH AND WORKING TIME ALSO THE HDD SPACE ON OUR PC.

3. When we do a BT in MT4, would it be possible letting MT4 / MT5 look for the tick data in the downloaded database instead of we have to export the data into MT4 / MT5? I know Tick Data Manager can do this.

4. I cannot generate any reasonable BT report with your company data, I can generate a full report with the data from Tick Data Manager, I check the Journal, ” OrderSend Error 131″ always displayed. But same test with Tick Data Manager it is no problem.

tomas262

Administrator, sq-ultimate, 2 replies.

Visit profile

1 year ago #280294

Hi,

1) you can download shorter periods. It is define by the calendar. See the image attached

2) the data source is GMT. It would save any bandwidth. I agree you could be able to delete the GMT + 0 to save space. I will make a note to our dev team to consider

3) if you do not supply the data into MT5 it can also download from the broker. Check the MT5 guide

4) you need to use QuantDataManager (last version – Build 121, released July 27, 2022) or any newer to export the data and use updated script – ExportProperties.mq4 in that version for your MT4

In the prev version there was an error in the export script which lead to the error 131 in MetaTrader4 when testing on exported tick data

Enock

Subscriber, bbp_participant, 1 replies.

Visit profile

11 months ago #282238

would try it out

luigi campanelli

Subscriber, bbp_participant, 1 replies.

Visit profile

1 month ago #285525

i cant download shortr period of time… i can only export shorter period to mt4.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)