Fixed indicators in B123

11 replies

Enric

Customer, bbp_participant, community, sq-ultimate, 114 replies.

Visit profile

4 years ago #247359

HI,

I see that some of the fixes that bring us B123 are about indicators. I.e.; Fibo

I use Fibo in several of my strategies. Should I recompile the MQ4 indicators files? The strategy itself? Both?

Thanks

tomas262

Administrator, sq-ultimate, 2 replies.

Visit profile

4 years ago #247363

Hi, I would rather recompile indicators once over-written to be sure everything is up-to-date

Enric

Visit profile

4 years ago #247373

Ok, thanks. Just to reassure I understand correct. Only recompile indicators. The strategy is not necessary to recompile. Right?

hankeys

Customer, bbp_participant, community, sq-ultimate, 487 replies.

Visit profile

4 years ago #247380

be aware that strategies using FIBO will be different even in backtest…if i compare strategies using fibo B122 vs B123 i am getting totally different BT

so there is major issue – strategies with FIBO are not compatible with B123, or better said will be trading differently

you need to use B122 BT with B122 fibo indicator

or make new BT in B123, see the EQ curve and trade with B123 fibo indicator

comparation of 1 strategy using FIBO:

blue line – B123

red line  B122

721 vs 538 trades, RDD 8.2 vs 4.7

totally different strategy

Attachments:
You must be logged in to view attached files.

You want to be a profitable algotrader? We started using StrateQuant software in early 2014. For now we have a very big knowhow for building EAs for every possible types of markets. We share this knowhow, apps, tools and also all final strategies with real traders. If you want to join us, fill in the FORM.

mabi

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 261 replies.

Visit profile

4 years ago #247381

Thanks Hankey, I switched back.. shit 30 Mt4 changing back and forth . Like i was to retest all strategies do not think so. This creates a problem since We already generated strategies on SQx since the first Beta  so i already have 100000 and now we have to keep track on which version they were made on . Would be better if the indicator were renamed !! SQfib123 or something or this will be messy since we are already trading them.

hankeys

Visit profile

4 years ago #247384

we need to know why those changes was made…its affecting only FIBO nothing else

because if i compare tick backtest from TDS – B122 BT vs TDS with fibo 122 – its OK

from 600 strats i have for now, i have FIBO only on lets say 10+ strategies, so nothing serious in the meaning of numbers affected strats

and it depends where the fibo is used, this is strategy with fibo only in exit condition, so the difference is not huge

Attachments:

You want to be a profitable algotrader? We started using StrateQuant software in early 2014. For now we have a very big knowhow for building EAs for every possible types of markets. We share this knowhow, apps, tools and also all final strategies with real traders. If you want to join us, fill in the FORM.

Enric

Visit profile

4 years ago #247388

This change affects not only Fibo but other stuff too. Don’t know exactly what but I’ve seen huges changes in some strategies and they didn’t have Fibo. It’s a mess because as Mabi said I also have thousands of strategies backtested with good results and now all of a sudden I don’t know which ones are affected. I don’t see other solution that retest all again and throw away those that were good with B122 and with B123 don’t pass my tests. What a mess gentlemen

hankeys

Visit profile

4 years ago #247390

i have made comparation of all strategies i have i know for 100% that the problem is only FIBO…another strategies mathced by 100%

but what i found is some “BUG” with data manager, its working strange, trying to update all the symbols and datapack from B122 doesnt work and doing strange things and some orders are different…like some data are missing https://roadmap.strategyquant.com/tasks/sq4_5329

so maybe your problem lies here

exact match – strategy without FIBO, and i can send another 500+ same pictures

Attachments:

Enric

Visit profile

4 years ago #247399

Wow, it makes sense because I updated data from B123. Fuck

hankeys

Visit profile

4 years ago #247406

try to update data in B122 and put those data to B123 and you can see if you are getting different results

Enric

Visit profile

4 years ago #247408

Yeah. I’ll download B122 and keep working with that previous version until this mess is fixed

Enric

Visit profile

4 years ago #247409

@hankeys. Thanks by your contribution by the way 🙂

Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)