Gold pip/tick step wrong on SQ X ?

8 replies

Ilya

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 105 replies.

Visit profile

5 years ago #237236

Hello,

According to SQ X, when adding a dukascopy gold symbol, the default pip/tick size & pip/tick step are 0.01.

I tried to look at some XAUUSD data from Dukascopy, and it seems their gold values are 1222.338, 1222.439 .. etc.

That means that pip/tick step should be 0.001 and not 0.01. is that a bug then, or am I missing something?

Random one day tick data export from Dukascopy:

Ilya

hankeys

Customer, bbp_participant, community, sq-ultimate, 487 replies.

Visit profile

5 years ago #237257

always set everything from the broker specification where you want to trade real…gold specs could be variable broker from broker

if the dukascopy has 3 decimals gold, it doesnt matter if your broker has 1,2 or 3 decimals, because you can set everything from this range

and dont forget to set on what position the 1 pip value is (piptick size)

You want to be a profitable algotrader? We started using StrateQuant software in early 2014. For now we have a very big knowhow for building EAs for every possible types of markets. We share this knowhow, apps, tools and also all final strategies with real traders. If you want to join us, fill in the FORM.

Ilya

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 105 replies.

Visit profile

5 years ago #237259

if the dukascopy has 3 decimals gold, it doesnt matter if your broker has 1,2 or 3 decimals, because you can set everything from this range

Thanks for your reply but I didn’t get it. I want to run the SQ X building process and backtests on Dukascopy data integrated in SQ X. If dukascopy has 3 decimals gold, I should set it as 0.001, right? that’s what I asked.. if I choose 0.01 or 0.1 that would cause false results, wouldn’t it? and since this comes integrated and we can’t change it on the app, I would take it as a bug?

tomas262

Administrator, sq-ultimate, 2 replies.

Visit profile

5 years ago #237267

You can set the pip step to 0.001 as it corresponds to Dukascopy pricing. If you set the step = 0.01 you would get slightly different fill prices which could impact the performance but if a strategy is robust and you test higher timeframes it should remain profitable. Make sure your broker use the same specs as DC

roman

Customer, bbp_participant, community, 0 replies.

Visit profile

5 years ago #238128

data manager/instruments/XAUUSD/

Pip/Tick size 0.1  – correct value – in my opinion

default is 0.01 – I think bad value

Pip/Tick size 0.1/0.01/0.001 – irrelevant

Enric

Customer, bbp_participant, community, sq-ultimate, 114 replies.

Visit profile

5 years ago #238129

When I see on DataManager the XAUUSD symbol there are values with just 2 decimals – Data Imported from DataAmanger that comes from DK. So the default value 0,01 is correct. Isn’t it?

roman

Visit profile

5 years ago #238134

data manager/instruments/

you can change the double-click on the symbol

roman

Visit profile

5 years ago #238135

sorry, – Pip/Tick step 0.1/0.01/0.001 – irrelevant

hankeys

Customer, bbp_participant, community, sq-ultimate, 487 replies.

Visit profile

5 years ago #238136

is your gold in broker where you want to trade it 2 or 3 decimal? do you see prices 1291.38 or 1291.385? do you see spread in points as 28 or 280?

in what decimal point lies 1 pip? make one demo trade and compute – open 1291.38, close 1292.38 is how many pips? is it 10 pips or 100?

because gold is different between brokers, you need to set everything as you want to trade it

You want to be a profitable algotrader? We started using StrateQuant software in early 2014. For now we have a very big knowhow for building EAs for every possible types of markets. We share this knowhow, apps, tools and also all final strategies with real traders. If you want to join us, fill in the FORM.

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)